Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

new bike

Go down 
+2
jason meacham
LisaS
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LisaS

new bike Empty
PostSubject: new bike   new bike EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:20 am

Hello,
I live in Maine and just bought a wr250x a few weeks ago. Had my first ride last night, and I think I'm in love!
Had to have a bit of work done on it so I could reach the ground- when I first got the bike, my feet dangled about 4 inches off the ground. My husband and I worked on the seat ourselves, and got that about 2 inches lower. Sent the forks and rear shock to Go-Race suspension, and they got it down another 2 inches, and adjusted everything for my weight! I am still waiting for my wheels for the knobbies and luggage rack to come, but at least now I can ride it....

new bike C
such a great husband, he already had the front end put back together when I got home last night

new bike C-1
rear shock ready to go back on

new bike C-2
I really should have gotten some before pics when my feet were dangling 4 inches off the ground on each side

new bike C-3
Ready to ride, and my grin was even better after returning.... the roads are so much smoother now. Plenty of pep!
Can't wait for the new wheels to come and get the knobbies on.
Very happy
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

new bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: new bike   new bike EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:38 am

new bike 61865 Hello, which part of Maine are you from??? I think you're the first rider from Maine that I have seen on here. I'm from Conn. but I love it in Maine,I took my wrr with me last august when my family and I went on vacation to Winterharbor, I was so glad I brought it with me.I'll be taking it with me this year too....... new bike 945348 new bike 945348 new bike 945348 new bike 945348 new bike 945348 new bike 945348
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

new bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: new bike   new bike EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 9:42 pm

Welcome, Hi!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

new bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: new bike   new bike EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:30 am

Hi Lisa, welcome to the pack! new bike 61865 new bike Canada

slolane

new bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: new bike   new bike EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:38 am

Welcome, suspension looking good!
Back to top Go down
LisaS

new bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: new bike   new bike EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:15 am

Thanks for the welcomes!

Jason, we are in Central Maine-between Newport and Bangor- about 2 hours from the coast. Let me know if your up with your bike this summer, and my husband and I might be able to get together with you for a ride. We went down to the Island last weekend on street bikes- it's actually quite nice this time of the year-no people so we had the roads to ourselves! Where in CT are you? I grew up in Enfield.

I have to take some pics today and post them- since the bike was lowered and the springs softened, I could not put the kickstand down while sitting of the bike..... also I am going to have both sets of wheels for the bike as well that will make the bike a bit taller again, so my husband redid the kickstand and made it adjustable- so now it will work no matter what height the bike is at! cheers
Back to top Go down
deerHater

new bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: new bike   new bike EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 6:40 am

LisaS wrote:
I have to take some pics today and post them- since the bike was lowered and the springs softened, I could not put the kickstand down while sitting of the bike..... also I am going to have both sets of wheels for the bike as well that will make the bike a bit taller again, so my husband redid the kickstand and made it adjustable- so now it will work no matter what height the bike is at!
Post close up pics of your adjustable sidestand please. new bike 163123 (I will eventually have both sets of wheels too)
Welcome, and keep the updates coming. new bike 61865
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

new bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: new bike   new bike EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 10:24 am

Hi, It must be nice to ride around the island with no "tourists" around, I almost got run over last August by a few "tourists" or as my wife's grandmother (lifelong winterharbor resident) would say "flatlanders",,,,,,,,,,,,I am part owner of 100 acres in Monroe not far from wintersport/bucksport..about 1/2 hour from bangor,,,,It's just woods right now but we might be putting a 33' camper on it this summer....last summer I rode from winterharbor over to the property in Monroe and it was a great ride.I can't wait to go back to Maine this summer. I'll be up there for sure in the 1st week in august and maybe we could get together for a ride, that would be great.,,,,,,,you said you grew up in Enfield,,small world,,,I grew up in Eastwindsor,, now I live in Ellington,,I played hockey in Enfield growing up........ new bike 945348
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: new bike   new bike Empty

Back to top Go down

new bike
Page 1 of 1