Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Peer pressure sux

Go down 
+6
Chief_Lee_Visceral
motokid
SheWolf
slolane
YZEtc
clint
10 posters
AuthorMessage
clint

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:08 am

but I am evidently not immune to it myself so I went and ordered the following:

12 tooth counter shaft sprocket
Wide Foot pegs
Carbon Fiber Rear Disc Guard
EXUP Servo Eliminator
FMF Q4 Spark Arrestor Muffler
FMF EFI Power Programmer
FMF PowerBomb Stainless Steel Header

I swear to god though that if I get another FMF product that looks like it was made by an 8yr old blind kid with Down's Syndrome I will take vacation time from work to fly out there and pop a cap in someone's ass. dddog
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:34 am

That's great news. :)
Did you get rid of the airbox flapper, too?
Back to top Go down
clint

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 am

YZEtc wrote:
That's great news. :)
Did you get rid of the airbox flapper, too?

I have performed no mods to this bike's intake/exhaust yet.

It's my understanding that I still need to purchase an AIS Removal plate before I can install any of the intake/exhaust mods, and I am still looking around for one at present time.

I bought this one to ride, not wrench on, and now it seems that I will be doing that to this one too...

At least on the KLX250S I noticed the changes immediately; the bike has much more pep and stays neck-n-neck with my WRX right now, though it is far louder (b4 the WRX mods get installed anyway)

So what are we looking at decible-wise for sound? The one thing I love about the WRX is that it is QUIET. After 3 hours riding the KLX I had a headache more often than not.

Am I doomed to suffer the same fate on my WRX now?
Note to Humberto, at FMF: If I get another piece of shit header, you'll be seein' me soon. Peer pressure sux 911463
Back to top Go down
slolane

slolane

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:25 am

Sweet mods!! I purchased my X used and it already had the Q4 on it but I don't consider mine loud at all, pretty quiet still I think. Seems like a short wrenching list and I believe you will be happy with the mods... plus they are simple and cheap too! Post up during/after and let us know how it turns out for ya.

Peer pressure sux 61865
Back to top Go down
clint

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:47 am

slolane wrote:
Sweet mods!! I purchased my X used and it already had the Q4 on it but I don't consider mine loud at all, pretty quiet still I think. Seems like a short wrenching list and I believe you will be happy with the mods... plus they are simple and cheap too! Post up during/after and let us know how it turns out for ya.

Peer pressure sux 61865

Simple? yeah, for the most part...After a 3+ year Frame-Off $6000+ restoration of a 98 YZ250 pretty much any task except top end on a 4T is simple Peer pressure sux 93746

Cheap? Nah...not so much. I got the following stuff for my KLX for the same price as the exhaust and fmf programmer

totally custom suspension from Moto Pro
Dynojet Jet Kit
KDX220 Snorkel
Michelin AC10s
TwinAir Air Filter
Kawasaki's version of AIS removal kit
Sprockets & Chain
2Brothers M7 Vale

(And, of course, the power bomb that looks as if it was made by a blind kid with Down's Syndrome and an $8 welder from Northern Tool)

You know why there's a section of the Power Bomb that's larger in diameter than the rest of the header? It's because they can't fit that much "Shit-tastic" into a normal sized pipe.

I still have $600+ more to go in getting a 21" front wheel, then get my suspension work done...

This bike is far more of a drain on my wallet than the Kawasaki ever was...

Only reason I kept it instead of the Kawasaki is the ease with which it starts, LOL.

I could fiddle with the Kawasaki's choke and hope it starts before the battery drains or walk over to the WRX and turn the key and press a couple buttons...FI FTW but damn...it's an expensive win...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:48 am

Some ppl have cut the AIS pipe and crimped it shut with some added epoxy on the end instead of going with the block-off plate. I guess it depends if you want to keep all the stock parts you take off, intact. Peer pressure sux 29721

motokid

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am

Or, you can make your own AIS block-off plate. Simple enough.

Even I managed to do it. Peer pressure sux 61865

Also, you could have saved a few bucks by NOT buying the FmF header and just gone with the slip-on replacement.

And you could have saved by NOT buying servo eliminator...but whatever...have fun and take pics...

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 10:26 am

Come on you are fudging a little on the cost comparison, take out he Moto Pro and I can believe you... said as I wait for John to finish up mine.

I ride a lot alongside a KLX351 with all the mods you mention plus the big bore and they are close but the WR pulls out on the top end (w/ 13/46).
Back to top Go down
clint

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:
Come on you are fudging a little on the cost comparison, take out he Moto Pro and I can believe you... said as I wait for John to finish up mine.

I ride a lot alongside a KLX351 with all the mods you mention plus the big bore and they are close but the WR pulls out on the top end (w/ 13/46).

I bought the parts from John and did it myself. Peer pressure sux 810411

Edited to Add: I also learned by having Jeremy Wilkey do a full custom job on my forks and shock for my YZ250 (to the tune of $1800) that it is far cheaper to do it yourself, lol. (Although the MX-Tech forks and Shock were amazingly supple and responsive... Peer pressure sux 379944 )

After owning a 1982 RM250Z (Z as in "model year", not "4t") with its wimpy seals, I got pretty good at rebuilding forks Peer pressure sux 9356
Back to top Go down
yellowredlight

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:12 pm

motokid wrote:

Also, you could have saved a few bucks by NOT buying the FmF header and just gone with the slip-on replacement.

And you could have saved by NOT buying servo eliminator...but whatever...have fun and take pics...

you dont need the servo eliminator?
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 pm

yellowredlight wrote:
motokid wrote:

you dont need the servo eliminator?

Nope I can send you a 5 cent resistor that does the same thing or you can buy on at your hobby store. Shewolf mod... search here and Thumpertalk.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Or, once you've disconnected the cables from the servo to the EXUP (assuming you've replaced stock muffler/exhaust) you can simply let the servo sit there and be dead, useless weight.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
WRXer

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:54 pm

The AIS has no effect on performance so you don't NEED it but might as well bin it.

The servo sub can be an advantage, there are some who believe (I'm one) that the reading of the EXUP servo changes how the ECU responds in fueling &/or timing. If you research there are people & companies who go to great effort with certain resistors/diodes hooked a certain way to acieve this rather than whaterver resistor happens to turn the CEL off.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Clint: Out here in the land of fun-in-the-sun we endorse contributions made by the young, and both visually and genetically challenged.

We even allow seemingly 'challengeless' people from all over the world (unfortunately in many cases).

Please refrain from insults and threats to include 'bottom capping' our good friends at FMF (whom are also challenged by being located east of PCH). Peer pressure sux 93746
Back to top Go down
Fantom

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 3:09 pm

WRXer wrote:
The AIS has no effect on performance so you don't NEED it but might as well bin it.

The servo sub can be an advantage, there are some who believe (I'm one) that the reading of the EXUP servo changes how the ECU responds in fueling &/or timing. If you research there are people & companies who go to great effort with certain resistors/diodes hooked a certain way to acieve this rather than whaterver resistor happens to turn the CEL off.

I did the single resistor mod recently, and you could be right, the bike just doesn't feel the same. Going to try building the full servo sub and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Fantom wrote:

I did the single resistor mod recently, and you could be right, the bike just doesn't feel the same. Going to try building the full servo sub and see what happens.

Simply plug the servo motor back in and see if it feels "right"?

Then you'll know if the issue you might have is servo related or not.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Fantom

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Yup, that was it dunno
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Peer pressure sux Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peer pressure sux   Peer pressure sux Empty

Back to top Go down

Peer pressure sux
Page 1 of 1