Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire pressure for D606's

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Tire pressure for D606's Empty
PostSubject: Tire pressure for D606's   Tire pressure for D606's EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Just put my D606 tires on my R2. LOVE em so far. Just wondering what tire pressure I should put in the rear and in the front? I do mostly offroad and it seems like most places I go to these days are pretty sandy. Seems like the only time i've dumped this bike has been mid berm when my front tire just sinks. I stiffened the forks a little bit, hopefully that will help.

Tire pressure suggestions??? Shewolf???
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tire pressure for D606's   Tire pressure for D606's EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Have you got rimlocks? I never bothered with mine, and offroad I ran the rear at 14 and the front at 18; seemed to work pretty slick at that pressure. Tarmac was 18 and 22. Tire pressure for D606's 61865

PostSubject: Re: Tire pressure for D606's   Tire pressure for D606's EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:36 pm

I've been running my front D606 at 15psi and like it a lot better than when I had it at 18psi. The rear I ran anywhere from 18 to 28psi depending on the load and trail conditions.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Tire pressure for D606's   Tire pressure for D606's EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:38 pm

You've got rimlocks don't you Dave? What psi are you running on the back?

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Tire pressure for D606's   Tire pressure for D606's EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:17 pm

skierd wrote:
I've been running my front D606 at 15psi and like it a lot better than when I had it at 18psi. The rear I ran anywhere from 18 to 28psi depending on the load and trail conditions.

Last couple of weeks it has finally dawned on me how much of a difference psi makes and that it does matter where you are and what you are doing. Tire pressure for D606's 61865
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Tire pressure for D606's   Tire pressure for D606's EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 11:40 pm

No rim locks, yet.

The rear D606 I ran anywhere from 18 to 28psi, 90% of the time was at 25psi for daily riding. 28psi when loaded up for camping. 18psi once or twice on a more aggressive trail ride, not often.

Running 12psi all of the time in the MT43 now. If I go back to it I'll run a rim lock and run 10-12psi on pavement and lower off-road.
Back to top Go down
njbill

njbill

PostSubject: Re: Tire pressure for D606's   Tire pressure for D606's EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:48 pm

I ride a lot of deep sand with my WR250F. It has Bridgestone DOT knobbies with rimlocks and I run 11 psi. This works great and I never had a flat on the WRF. Tire pressure for D606's 61865 When I wear out the WRR's Trailwings, I will mount DOT knobbies and run the same PSI in the sand.

For those of you who are worried about riding these pressures on the street, I have a suggestion. If I am dual sporting, I carry one of these pumps in my pack. They work great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire pressure for D606's   Tire pressure for D606's Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire pressure for D606's
Page 1 of 1