Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How to drown your WR250R

Go down 
+3
SheWolf
X-Racer
skierd
7 posters
AuthorMessage
skierd

How to drown your WR250R Empty
PostSubject: How to drown your WR250R   How to drown your WR250R EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Skierd to cross? from shane kelley on Vimeo.

Hit something going across that stopped me and went for a swim. budah Very happy

Got a ride from a buddy's trailer home, changed the oil three times (and the filter once) and its finally coming out clear again. Gonna change it again after work tuesday or wednesday and again with a new filter next week. The air box was completely full of water and held water until I pulled the screw and opened the door, good to know its water tight.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: How to drown your WR250R   How to drown your WR250R EmptySun May 02, 2010 9:52 pm

I hate when that happens.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How to drown your WR250R   How to drown your WR250R EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Gotta love it when your bike talks back to you by spitting in your face, hey Dave? How to drown your WR250R 61865 How to drown your WR250R 93746

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: How to drown your WR250R   How to drown your WR250R EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:07 am

Maybe better then sitting on your face. * thinking * Then again....
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: How to drown your WR250R   How to drown your WR250R EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:28 am

Ohh ow....muffler burn, anyone? How to drown your WR250R 640571

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: How to drown your WR250R   How to drown your WR250R EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:56 am

So, what was the end result? Did it start or were you done for the day and have to flush your motor out a few times?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: How to drown your WR250R   How to drown your WR250R EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Lynn - yeah, the girl's got some sass. thumb

Once I put everything back together and thoroughly drained the water from the top end, she did in fact turn over and run. When I first checked the oil it was clear, but after letting it run for ~30 seconds I stopped it to check again and the oil was a complete milkshake so my day was done. The trailer that picked me up picked up the other two drowned bikes and got me back to camp, and the next day I got a ride home.

Changed the oil (finally using up the 3 half bottles of various oils I had laying around) and filter when I first got home, let her idle for a few minutes, changed it again, idled until the motor started to get warm, and changed it again. Let her warm up and took her for a short ride through the neighborhood, oil looks fine and she runs great so I'm guessing there will be no lasting damage. freaky I'll do another oil change at the end of this week to use up the last of the oil I bought to flush it (15w40 Rotella) and change back to amsoil with a new filter a couple weeks after that.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: How to drown your WR250R   How to drown your WR250R EmptyMon May 03, 2010 1:28 pm

I guess the question that needs to be asked is;

Was it really that important to cross that river?

(There's a joke in there somewhere... )

"Why did the dirt biker cross the river?"

(any answers?) dunno
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: How to drown your WR250R   How to drown your WR250R EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:23 pm

That crossing was necessary because of the two previous crossings. Very happy No way to get back to camp without going across!
How to drown your WR250R Damn24

Here's the first two:
How to drown your WR250R Damn18