Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!

Go down 
+7
Matty
Hertz
WRXer
motokid
SheWolf
inspector
Midnite171
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Midnite171

Midnite171

Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! Empty
PostSubject: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:32 pm

My new graphics kit from http://graphicmx.com arrived today and I just finished puttin em on. I know this isn't going to be to everybody's liking, but I think it's pretty HOT!!!

Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! SAM_0374
Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! SAM_0373
Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! SAM_0372
Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! SAM_0371
Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! SAM_0370

So, what does everybody think?????
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptyFri May 07, 2010 7:11 pm

It's not my taste, but I don't like the swingarm decals the most. Don't like how it's stop and go on both sides. Just kind of looks like it was put there and doesn't fit.

*does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:50 pm

I agree about the swingarm decals. They will be coming off this weekend. I think the shroud and fender decals blend well though.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:42 pm

I love flames. Too bad they weren't silver/black or something like that. The red just doesn't quite fit right with blue. If you had black plastics, that would rock. Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! 61865

motokid

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySat May 08, 2010 7:59 am

Get that thing dirty man....

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:55 am

Ok guys, after much internal debate, I think I've realized that maybe I should have went with my first instincts. Which was blue with WHITE flames. I know it's the kid in me that wants the flames. To me, the shrouds and fenders with the red and blue look sweet, but it doesn't really blend well with the white, black and aluminum colors of the rest of the bike. SO............. I will be ordering the white flame kit this week. I think that will stay true to the bike. That was actually my intention from the beginning but at the last second, I clicked on the red flame kit. Hey, it was worth a shot. What's another $124 right.

Sorry if I disrespected the R2'ers out there.

I'll post new pics here when the other kit is installed.
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySat May 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Since you just committed to peeling them off, remove the swingarm decals & give it another chance. Then the front fender. I don't really have a problem with the red, it just looks too plain. Need some logos or a Yamaha, or a tuning fork or something. Overlay something else a la this...

Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! CJ0GNwyh0ngAAH9W4icAAAAo-47626
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySat May 08, 2010 5:11 pm

WRXer, where'd ya get those graphics?

I honestly don't know exactly what I'm going to do. I ripped off the swingarm decals and put on a blue/white/clear YAMAHA decal and that looks better. But I would either have to red up the number plates or white out the red flames. We'll see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:15 pm

wheelingcyclesupply.com

Do something because the only way i can describe those ones you have now is Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! 527254

to each his own i guess. I hope you didnt pay much
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:43 pm

$124 You know, the thing that matters is YOU like it. It's YOUR bike, you didn't disrespect any of us. We don't all like the same thing. Kinda like me with the Safari tank. Lots of guys love the tank; myself I find it hideous and makes the bike look like it has a penis. Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! 851577 That being said, it's totally up to you what you like on your bike, and that's what matters. Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! 61865

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:42 pm

check this site... found some pretty cool kits.

http://www.mototat.com/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=32
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:23 pm

Hey, I really appreciate all your feedback but I think I may have a (maybe just a temporary) solution. Instead of ripping off my new graphics, I just asked myself, "what makes the red flames not work?" And the answer was; the white number plates!!! SO,,,,, probably to the dislike of all ya'll, I'm going to stick with the blue and red flames and get the red flame kit for the 3 number plates. I think if it wasn't for the white on the bike, it would look good. And it's a heck of a lot cheaper than getting all new graphics. The way I look at it is; it's easy enough to change things back, even to the original graphics. SO, why not play around? I know it will cost more money if this don't work but I'm going for the red flame number plates!

I DO have to say that I am from a motocross background where flash was everything. AND I may be trying to resurrect my old CR 250, pictured below, when I transformed it from an "everything red" bike to a red and blue bike.

Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! SAM_0170

Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! SAM_0193
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm

i got bored a few months back and painted the white pieces black. To each is their own.

Go find some matching yamaha blue paint and paint the white plastics.

I used some of that plastic fusion spray paint. Did about 3 or 4 coats and it looks fine. Then again one crash and it'll be scracthed, but then again so will those vinyl stickers.

The only thing i'm not really feeling on your bike are the stickers on the swing arm.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:04 am

I think your right about the number plate. If you like those graphics, then the number plate isn't fitting in with them.

*LOL, that CR is pretty cool looking!
Back to top Go down
jyam

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:14 am

....uhmmm where to start...oh yah
puke
i think you have maybe fallen of the bike and hit yer head hard!!maybe a little style with a airbrush and creativaity would've helped,there not even cool flames.One thing about the things on this site is ya gotta have the bling eh'.but i think i would be riding the retro cr at this point...don't hate me, you asked
maybe if the cheessy DECALS actually looked like flames or not the red colour crash..dunno
i just had to get my toonie in there...dude get that thing dirty and DON"T WASH IT!!!
sorry i couldn't be more postive poser2
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySun May 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Hey Midnite,,I give you credit for trying,,it's not really my first choice but it doesn't look bad. 90 percent of us have identical looking bikes,,"BORING"..Personaly,,I would have gotten my bike in all black or all white,,.I know what you mean when you said you clicked on red at the last minute when ordering,,,I do last second decisions when ordering all the time..
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySun May 09, 2010 1:00 pm

Well, Midnite171, you said it yourself:
It may not be to everyone's liking, and I'm one of them.
The blue and red just don't go well together in my opinion.
That also includes your CR-250R from way back - what were you thinking? Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! Icon_scratch

Those fork guard and swingarm stickers look like afterthoughts and just cheapen the whole deal.

That black WR-250X looks a lot more like it to me, but that means buying new plastic, too.

My opinion on a blue WR-250R and you're itchin' to stick some flashy stuff on?
Blue and white with a little bit of black over the white.
Proven winner. :)
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySun May 09, 2010 5:52 pm

Not that I want to keep this thread going....... my sense of style has been bashed enough!!!! BUT,,,, since when does blue NOT go with red??????? It's funny because I posted the same pics of my flaming bike on a more motocross (and *cough* younger) type minded forum, and most people seemed to like it. Don't get me wrong, I love this forum and everybody on it. I've learned alot of mods and done alot of them directly from recommendations on this forum. I am actually LOVING all the negative comments on my wild and crazy and "cheesy" graphics. I think it's funny. But I'm sticking with the flames for now. Hey, I'm going through a mid life crisis, what do you expect.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:43 pm

We'll know you went off the deep end if we see handlebar streamers and spoke beads. Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! 810411

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySun May 09, 2010 7:59 pm

LOL!!!! Well, my Superman costume (with cape of course) should be arriving Monday!!!! poser2
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySun May 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Ok, this I gotta see. All dolled up in tight spandex straddling a dirt bike. Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! 163123 Hmmm....gives biking a whole new meaning! Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! 93746

jyam

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptySun May 09, 2010 10:34 pm

ok..i was feelin' a little bad today budah
sssorry on my cheesy remarks,bad spelling and laughing demeaner...i may of had a buzz on at the time Rolling Eyes
but uh this thread should really die now and the bike should only be ridden after midnite poser2
just playing~peace
ja
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:35 pm

If thats what you want then by all means please stick with it. We didnt pay for your bike or the graphics. The only person who did that was you so everything is your decision. Posting something on here will get you the opinions of everyone who sees it. No hard feelings of course, just lettin you know what we think :p

If you are going to keep those on there what you might try is some YAMAHA (and other) stickers on the shrouds like that other flame kit on page 1 has. It just looks weird because theres nothing but flames.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptyMon May 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Ok, guys........ I am officially peeling them ALL OFF! I realized that the flames are only impressing the 15 year old kids down my street and were actually a little embarrassing when I showed my bike to my in laws this weekend. I am searching for some blue/black/white graphics right now, but a lot of graphics sites don't have the WRR templates so I can't get any. I'm working on it. Keep the insults coming though, it's been fun. Especially the "riding after midnite".
Back to top Go down
ed29

ed29

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Looking forward to seeing the white flames. For us with Safari tanks.... I saw that the overall profile is pretty close to the stock shroud, so I gambled on it working.

Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! DSC03449

I had to trim it a bit to fit it, and so far it is sticking. The plain Safari looked like an empty billboard to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!   Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Midnites New Graphics Kit has been installed!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next