Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

highway dirt bars

Go down 
+7
Ozy
Machtig
texasreb
Boondocker
inspector
mattf
Big-t
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-t

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptySun May 23, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm getting ready to order the HDB setup and am wondering if someone can tell me if my 08 WRR has 10 or 12 mm lower clamp bolts ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mattf

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyMon May 24, 2010 12:44 pm

I'm not sure I'm completely following what you are asking. are you ordering new risers from them also? if so just tell them what kind of bike you have. That's all I had to do when I ordered and they sent me the correct stuff. and if so you'll have to decide how high you want the riser. the threaded rod part of the risers was a bit long but it worked just fine, just had to spin the nut more times. let me know if I'm way off track on what you are asking and I will help anyway I can, I am happy with the risers, bars, and handguards I ordered from them.
Back to top Go down
Big-t

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:37 pm

They list risers with 2 different size bolts on the order form,10 or 12mm,I'm just wading my way thru it.

Just found out on ADV that it takes a 12 mm,but thanks for the reply
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Yeah, sorry. I couldn't remember so didn't reply. But please!!! Take pictures and post of them installed. Maybe give a review too. I know a couple of people wanting to get them. Also they look good.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Highway Dirtbikes   highway dirt bars EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:42 pm

Does anyone have a phone number for these guys? I filled out their contact-by-email web form a few days ago but haven't heard from them, so no idea if they got my message. I want to buy stuff. You'd think they would encourage me. I presume they're a sponsor of this site because of the top-page banner.

Visiting their website reminds me of the fable - 'If you give a mouse a cookie'. I was just interested in hand guards. But if you get the hand guards, you should get their top clamp. If you get their top clamp, might as well get it prepped for heated grips switch and a power outlet. Since I'm a bit long-limbed, and if I'm getting a new clamp, might as well make a riser and throw in some quality high bars. After all that, it wouldn't be complete without a set of their trick folding mirrors. So what started as a $150 item is turning into a $400+ shopping list. They really should contact me before I come to my senses. With all that stuff in mind, I need to talk to a knowledgeable human because a standard website order won't do.

P.S. Do they offer any forum member discount or package deals?
Back to top Go down
texasreb

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Boondocker wrote:
Does anyone have a phone number for these guys? I filled out their contact-by-email web form a few days ago but haven't heard from them, so no idea if they got my message. I want to buy stuff. You'd think they would encourage me. I presume they're a sponsor of this site because of the top-page banner.

Visiting their website reminds me of the fable - 'If you give a mouse a cookie'. I was just interested in hand guards. But if you get the hand guards, you should get their top clamp. If you get their top clamp, might as well get it prepped for heated grips switch and a power outlet. Since I'm a bit long-limbed, and if I'm getting a new clamp, might as well make a riser and throw in some quality high bars. After all that, it wouldn't be complete without a set of their trick folding mirrors. So what started as a $150 item is turning into a $400+ shopping list. They really should contact me before I come to my senses. With all that stuff in mind, I need to talk to a knowledgeable human because a standard website order won't do.

They sent my email back but it took a long time. They did not give me their phone number with the email.
Back to top Go down
mattf

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:09 pm

he always responded to my emails within a few hours. If I remember correctly he doesn't like to give out his phone number because he would never get any work done if the phone was always ringing and he had to stop what he was doing. hopefully he gets back to you soon because it is a great product. I crashed last month racing supermoto and they didn't twist on me like my previous handguards.
Back to top Go down
Big-t

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Order placed,looks like a great product...........Waiting highway dirt bars 805204
Back to top Go down
Machtig

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Boondocker wrote:

Email Paul directly at hdb@highwaydirtbikes.com Also there is a discount code on advrider that will get you 10%off. I can't remember what it is but search Highway Dirtbikes in the vendors section and you can find it.

His stuff is the poop. I have just about everything he sells and all of it is of the highest quality. All other handguards are junk compared to this stuff.

highway dirt bars DSC04235

highway dirt bars DSC04234

highway dirt bars DSC04233

highway dirt bars DSC04232

highway dirt bars DSC04231

highway dirt bars DSC04230

highway dirt bars DSC04229

HDB switches for lights and Vector Protector on the 450F
highway dirt bars 100_3541

highway dirt bars 100_3301

highway dirt bars 100_3307

highway dirt bars 100_3304

highway dirt bars 100_3306

highway dirt bars 100_3540
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptySun May 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Boondocker wrote:

I filled out thier website form and got a reply back within a few hours but I had a query on the reply they sent and I haven't heard back for days now. I think what has been discussed in this thread has answered my questions but I'm a bit concerned of the turn around time on an order if they can't reply to a prospective customers questions.

Cheers,

Mark.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:25 pm

The owner, Paul, got back to me, and with his phone number. I called him and we discussed what I was looking for and he answered my questions. In the end, one still has to place their order on the website and pay with PayPal. I went whole-hog: lower clamps, customized upper clamps, bars, uber hand guards, and mirrors. Then I remembered, I'll need new grips too and while I'm at it, might as well install heated grips. I just installed an Eastern Beaver 3-circuit box and asked HDB to make one of the switch holes fit the Symtec switch. After my ride today through an area with trees and brush, I'm ready for those hand guards. After doing a lot more standing on the pegs, I'm ready for the rise from the slightly higher clamps and bars (I'm 6-feet tall). I ordered on Friday and haven't received any kind of order confirmation, but hey it's a holiday weekend. I'm not in a hurry, so as long as my order is correct, I'm happy. Haven't heard one bad thing about HDB products and have never regretted buying quality.
Back to top Go down
Ozy

Ozy

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:24 am

Boondocker wrote:
I just installed an Eastern Beaver 3-circuit box and asked HDB to make one of the switch holes fit the Symtec switch. I ordered on Friday and haven't received any kind of order confirmation, but hey it's a holiday weekend.

I just ordered a dual relay kit and a cig socket from Eastern Beaver and have sent an e-mail to HDB asking about making the hole in the upper clamp fit the cig socket and a Symtec switch too highway dirt bars 810411 .

Now that you say it's a holiday weekend I probably jumped the gun wondering where my reply was. I have however got two vastly different shipping prices to Australia which will be the deal sealer.....
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: HDB full setup installed and reviewed   highway dirt bars EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:59 pm

I got the full HDB setup installed, tested, and reviewed in story-like fashion. My story of buying the Highway Dirt Bikes equipment reminded me of the fable - 'If you give a mouse a cookie'. The moral of that story is simply, one thing needs to another. It's written up in the hyperlinked thread.
Back to top Go down
Chadx

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 pm

I love Paul's setup. I posted up some things HERE (clicky)

highway dirt bars Handguards03
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:26 am

I'm hoping someone can check my sanity... if I order the "tall" bottom clamps for a fat bar (which are in the picture above, I believe) and get the "Windham/RM Mid Bend" EVO bars, am I looking at about 1 inch of raise over stock?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 10:44 am

Anyone? Pretty please?
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:59 am

Matchtig, third pic down.

Why do you have a steering dampener on a dirt bike?
Back to top Go down
mattf

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Mr.Metal wrote:
I'm hoping someone can check my sanity... if I order the "tall" bottom clamps for a fat bar (which are in the picture above, I believe) and get the "Windham/RM Mid Bend" EVO bars, am I looking at about 1 inch of raise over stock?

the stock bars have a 3.8" rise, so you can compare that number to the bars you are looking at getting. then just measure the bottom clamp on your bike (can't remember the number off the top of my head) and compare to the height of the new riser.
Back to top Go down
Machtig

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:54 am

Tibarus wrote:

Are you serious?? Probably the third best upgrade I've done, next to suspension and tires. Helps keep you on the straight and narrow no matter what jumps out in front of you (trees, rocks, ruts, etc).
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:56 am

Machtig wrote:
Tibarus wrote:

Are you serious?? Probably the third best upgrade I've done, next to suspension and tires. Helps keep you on the straight and narrow no matter what jumps out in front of you (trees, rocks, ruts, etc).

Deer, cliff, lake thumb
Back to top Go down
Machtig

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 11:53 am

Tibarus wrote:
Machtig wrote:
Tibarus wrote:

Deer, cliff, lake thumb

Doesn't affect maneuverability at all. thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 11:30 pm

We'll blame that mud wipeout on the wore out Michelin's. Very happy

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:57 am

SheWolf wrote:

Didn't have the damper on then, may have helped, may not. tires were pretty thin.
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:31 pm

SheWolf wrote:

I'll believe that when pigs fly Or Fargo stops failing...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:06 pm

highway dirt bars Pigfly10

highway dirt bars Empty
PostSubject: Re: highway dirt bars   highway dirt bars Empty

Back to top Go down

highway dirt bars
Page 1 of 1