Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes

Go down 
+2
SLOWRIDER
RRM707
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RRM707

Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Ordered the handguards, front & rear signals & YZ Hi Bend Fatbars.

Fit perfect, look & work great! thumb

Customer service is personal too. Thx!

Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes WR250R3_zpsa8165700
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 2:09 am

I use these too. They do need a tweak here and there to fit, and a few bushings for  brake line clearance at the inboard mounting locations. Might have been due to my handlebar upgrade though. In any event they are very well made, and stout. Crash tested mine several times and still good as new. Broke the glass in a mirror (after failing to tuck it away when off-road) and HDB hooked me up with spare glass. Good as new !!
I would advise against their LED signals though. They are very dim. I replaced mine with a pair of these;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amber-6W-High-Power-LED-Eagle-Eye-Car-Turn-Signal-Fog-Daytime-Running-Light-DRL-/111759338775?hash=item1a05602d17&vxp=mtr

Huge improvement in visibility.
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: wr250r   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Ziabeam wrote:
I use these too. They do need a tweak here and there to fit, and a few bushings for  brake line clearance at the inboard mounting locations. Might have been due to my handlebar upgrade though. In any event they are very well made, and stout. Crash tested mine several times and still good as new. Broke the glass in a mirror (after failing to tuck it away when off-road) and HDB hooked me up with spare glass. Good as new !!
I would advise against their LED signals though. They are very dim. I replaced mine with a pair of these;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amber-6W-High-Power-LED-Eagle-Eye-Car-Turn-Signal-Fog-Daytime-Running-Light-DRL-/111759338775?hash=item1a05602d17&vxp=mtr

Hello Ziabeam,

What are you running for rear turn signals?
I also have HDB could you send me a photo how it looks with these turnsignals installed?

Thanks,
ken
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 6:17 pm

SLOWRIDER wrote:
Hello Ziabeam,

What are you running for rear turn signals?
I also have HDB could you send me a photo how it looks with these turnsignals installed?

Thanks,
ken

These rear turn signals (with clear lens and amber LED's);
http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=38&product_id=77
With the running light option to enhance visibility to cagers (plug and play Yamaha WRR/X is available);
http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=38&product_id=70

Prior to the front LED upgrade was using front running light adapters too, removed that feature for the new mega bright LED turn signals, since the signals are so close to the Mondo-Moto driving lights which provide ample warning to cagers  eeek  Will get pictures very shortly !
Thanks for the inquiry Very happy

BTW... Just noticed that there are MANY word associated links (shown as highlighted words) in posts that have NOTHING to do with the actual content of a post. Very confusing is an understatement. Fortunately the misleading links seem to vanish once you "log-in" to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:02 am

SLOWRIDER wrote:
Ziabeam wrote:
I use these too. They do need a tweak here and there to fit, and a few bushings for  brake line clearance at the inboard mounting locations.

Hello Ziabeam,

...I also have HDB could you send me a photo how it looks with these (front) turnsignals installed?

Thanks,
ken
Here ya go; (had to order a virgin set of plastic from HDB since I originally had their multi-LED set up. Only needs a 3/8" hole to fit the LED's shown).
Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes 10141513

I applied narrow Teflon based mil-spec electrical tape wrap (the pink stuff) to stiffen the wire leads, and a little strip of Gorilla tape over the final wraps to keep it all trail ready ;
Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes 10141514

And here's a pic of the spacers (the naked aluminum 1/4" thick washers at the inboard ends of the black anodized HDB protectors). These were needed to allow clearance for the brake reservoir banjo;
Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes Hdb_sp10
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 11:37 am

Hello Ziabeam,

Clean installation! I like the lights.
I appreciate the pictures.

Thank you,
Ken
Back to top Go down
Carlos Thomas

Carlos Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 10:42 am

Here is my recent install. A view from the riders position.

Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes E3C40F57-CE22-4277-8C03-2D159BF397EC_zpsr4w20ers
Back to top Go down
kabulpostie

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes EmptyMon May 16, 2016 11:49 am

Ziabeam wrote:
SLOWRIDER wrote:
Ziabeam wrote:
I use these too. They do need a tweak here and there to fit, and a few bushings for  brake line clearance at the inboard mounting locations.

Hello Ziabeam,

...I also have HDB could you send me a photo how it looks with these (front) turnsignals installed?

Thanks,
ken
Here ya go; (had to order a virgin set of plastic from HDB since I originally had their multi-LED set up. Only needs a 3/8" hole to fit the LED's shown).
Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes 10141513

I applied narrow Teflon based mil-spec electrical tape wrap (the pink stuff) to stiffen the wire leads, and a little strip of Gorilla tape over the final wraps to keep it all trail ready ;
Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes 10141514

And here's a pic of the spacers (the naked aluminum 1/4" thick washers at the inboard ends of the black anodized HDB protectors). These were needed to allow clearance for the brake reservoir banjo;
Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes Hdb_sp10

Hey Zia,
What are you using to mount those accessory lights? I have some from ADV MOnster that have been hanging around for a couple of years that I need to finally put on.
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes EmptyMon May 16, 2016 6:53 pm

kabulpostie wrote:

Hey Zia,
What are you using to mount those accessory lights? I have some from ADV MOnster that have been hanging around for a couple of years that I need to finally put on.
I used some 5/16" thick aluminum angle (might be 3/8"), with the light bolted under the top horizontal leg, and milled a shallow horizontal slot on the back of the vertical leg, the same width as the HDB guard, so that leg would have top and bottom ant-rotation lips to "hug" the HDB handguard. That way only one small bolt is needed to keep each aluminum angle mount attached to the HDB guards, and the light mounted this way can be adjusted left/right/up/down.
Back to top Go down
CaptBreadbeard

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes EmptyWed May 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Carlos Thomas wrote:
Here is my recent install. A view from the riders position.
I'm looking at doing something similar. What Pro Taper bar bend is that? Do you have risers as well? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes   Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes Empty

Back to top Go down

Thumbs up to Highway Dirt Bikes
Page 1 of 1