Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Leaking Radiator Fluid

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chrispdawg12

Leaking Radiator Fluid Empty
PostSubject: Leaking Radiator Fluid   Leaking Radiator Fluid EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:26 am

After 2 days of hard riding in the Spanish Pyrenees i noticed that whenever i had to stop at a red light going back to base that there was some radiator fluid leaking onto the floor. Not sure to what extent that can be a "normal" thing to happen after long operation in hot weather, but its a first for me and i wonder if its related to a gasket somewhere or whether there may be a crack in the waterpump casing - It doesnt leak when the bike isnt running so i am assuming it has to do with pressure inside the cooling system. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Leaking Radiator Fluid Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking Radiator Fluid   Leaking Radiator Fluid EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:20 am

Check your clamps. Mine leaked like that to begin with, and tightening them a bit more solved the problem.

Leaking Radiator Fluid
Page 1 of 1