Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Plug & Play front flashers?

Go down 
+2
f3joel
blewwrx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blewwrx

Plug & Play front flashers? Empty
PostSubject: Plug & Play front flashers?   Plug & Play front flashers? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 7:24 pm

The stock flashers are big and ugly and I'm looking to replace them with some nicer LEDs, but I can't find any that are just plug and play for the wr250x. In case I need to swap out the flashers before inspection it would make things easier, quicker, and neater.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play front flashers?   Plug & Play front flashers? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:34 pm

I am still rocking the stockers so you may get better info.
From what I understand, you can change one set of blinkers to LED with no problems ( faster blinking rate ).
But, if you want to change both sets you need a flasher relay or they will blink extra fast.
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play front flashers?   Plug & Play front flashers? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 am

I currently have the 12oclock labs edge tail light. I got a flasher relay as my front flashers were blinking too fast for my tastes. The rear tail light is already setup and easy to swap out if I need to.

I'm looking for front flashers that I could swap out without messing with and re-attaching wires and such. Or does anyone know if I can buy the connectors and try and crimp them on myself?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play front flashers?   Plug & Play front flashers? EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:09 pm

12oclock labs may have the connectors that would work to wire up front signals without chopping your stock ones. As far as I know there are no "plug n play" front signals, You'll just have to pick the kind you want and throw some connectors on them.
Back to top Go down
blewwrx

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play front flashers?   Plug & Play front flashers? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 12:52 pm

I emailed 12oclock labs and they just received some DRC flashers that they add the stock connectors to. They were just added to their site last night.
http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=38&product_id=71
Back to top Go down
bikepsych

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play front flashers?   Plug & Play front flashers? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:51 am

My goal is to find a pair of auxiliary lights or fog lights that will fit into the turn signal pods. I've got the SicAss hand guards with integrated turn signals.

BG
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play front flashers?   Plug & Play front flashers? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:23 pm

I have the 601 flashers (smoke) on my bike and also the 12 o'clocklabs new running light adapters ..

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/running-light-mod-fixed-rate-flasher-t2732.htm
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play front flashers?   Plug & Play front flashers? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:04 pm

bikepsych wrote:
My goal is to find a pair of auxiliary lights or fog lights that will fit into the turn signal pods. I've got the SicAss hand guards with integrated turn signals.

BG

I have the Zeta handguards with turn signals and thought about throwing some little FOG LIGHTS in that spot as well. Do you mean using the stock turn signal brackets or the stalk and everything? I just wanted to use the brackets and throw some fog lights on there. Might be cool for some light trail riding at night.

Last edited by john92 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: pics   Plug & Play front flashers? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:54 pm

Hey cryptomundo ....

Post some pictures ... both in daylight and dark .... !!

Thanks

cryptomundo wrote:
I have the 601 flashers (smoke) on my bike and also the 12 o'clocklabs new running light adapters ..

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/oh-those-sweet-mods-f5/running-light-mod-fixed-rate-flasher-t2732.htm
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play front flashers?   Plug & Play front flashers? EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:44 pm

Here are a couple of pics .. if you decide to buy the DRC 601's, I would suggest you use some standard 8-1,25 mm nuts and not the nuts sent with the turn signals. I like the signals but cracked the lights a little when trying to tighten up the nuts (they do not thread easy and i was holding the light stopping it from turning while tightening). I am using a pair of front flasher holders I bought from Wheeling Cycle Supply but I am in the process of making some that pull the lights in a little more. The running light adapter from 12 o'clock labs works great, tell him you have a WR and he will make the connections for you.

Plug & Play front flashers? Img_0015

Plug & Play front flashers? Img_0016
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plug & Play front flashers?   Plug & Play front flashers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Plug & Play front flashers?
Page 1 of 1