Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front Wheel Bearing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer17

Farmer17

Front Wheel Bearing Empty
PostSubject: Front Wheel Bearing   Front Wheel Bearing EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 7:57 pm

My 08 wrr has ~1000 miles on it, i bought it with 550 and i put on about 500 in the past three days. i had it up on the stand today to adjust the chain (and polish rear spokes :S) and i noticed that when i rotated the front wheel it made a clicking noise once every rotation. i had my uncle look at it and he thought it was the caliper sticking so we took it off but it still clicked. He thinks it is the wheel bearing and i am inclined to agree with him. Has this happened to anyone else? iT only has 1000 miles on it? Also it appears that the front brake rotor is warped...i found one on bikebandit for around $100-thats is outrageous for a rotor. does anyone know of anywhere i can get it for cheaper? Thanks, Sam
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearing   Front Wheel Bearing EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:05 pm

I would do some more trouble shooting before calling it a wheel bearing--a click every revolution does not sound like a wheel bearing--normally they show up as a roughness thru out the rotation or too much play. If it clicks consistently you should be able to find it by just listening or with a piece of fuel hose to help locate the sound. On the brake rotor--get a dial guage and check the runout before deciding to replace the rotor. Good luck.

Farmer17 wrote:
My 08 wrr has ~1000 miles on it, i bought it with 550 and i put on about 500 in the past three days. i had it up on the stand today to adjust the chain (and polish rear spokes :S) and i noticed that when i rotated the front wheel it made a clicking noise once every rotation. i had my uncle look at it and he thought it was the caliper sticking so we took it off but it still clicked. He thinks it is the wheel bearing and i am inclined to agree with him. Has this happened to anyone else? iT only has 1000 miles on it? Also it appears that the front brake rotor is warped...i found one on bikebandit for around $100-thats is outrageous for a rotor. does anyone know of anywhere i can get it for cheaper? Thanks, Sam
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearing   Front Wheel Bearing EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:42 pm

thanks. i just dont know what else it could be... we took the caliper off and rotated the tire and it still clicks....its not hitting anywhere and there doesnt seem to be any play in the bearing Front Wheel Bearing 490865 ...the rotor looks warped but i'll see if i can find a gauge.
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearing   Front Wheel Bearing EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 4:59 pm

Are all the spokes tight and straight?
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearing   Front Wheel Bearing EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 5:45 pm

Try putting a reference mark on you wheel or tire spin it slowly and when you hear the click note the position of the ref mark. Then try and move the wheel back and forth around that reference point to see if it clicks as you move the wheel thru less than a full revolution--might help to ID the source of the click.

Farmer17 wrote:
thanks. i just dont know what else it could be... we took the caliper off and rotated the tire and it still clicks....its not hitting anywhere and there doesnt seem to be any play in the bearing Front Wheel Bearing 490865 ...the rotor looks warped but i'll see if i can find a gauge.
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearing   Front Wheel Bearing EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:43 pm

it seems to be clicking more than once every rotation...i need to call my dealer tomorrow and see if i still have warranty on the bike, and i found a brake rotor for $96 + shipping from stadiumyamaha so i think i will just get that...
Back to top Go down
Farmer17

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearing   Front Wheel Bearing EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:29 pm

well i finally got my wr back from the dealer and it turns out the front axle was bent, and it bent pretty good in a couple spots scratch they said the front bearings all seemed good so they didnt replace those and the rotor also wasnt bent: it was just the axle.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearing   Front Wheel Bearing EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:29 am

Holy crap! Front Wheel Bearing 640571 The PO must have hit something hard with it to do that!!

Farmer17

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearing   Front Wheel Bearing EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:58 pm

yeah you can really see where it is bent it aint pretty. when he did wipe it out tho he broke the right mirror and the headlight shroud and cracked the trim around the speedo... but it was all fixed when i got it Very happy
the funny thing is there are no scratches on the bike just some minor bend marks on the plastic but other than those it looks new
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Wheel Bearing   Front Wheel Bearing Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Wheel Bearing
Page 1 of 1