Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Exhaust Question

Go down 
+12
PYG RYDR
Mikechicago
deerHater
yellowredlight
Krabill
motokid
wildmotha
2goose
yz-moto
kjharn
Mr.Metal
Farmer17
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kjharn

kjharn

Exhaust Question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Mikechicago wrote:
Q4 = $309
Megabomb = $192
Power Programmer = $197

this is where I got mine, I believe they are the best deal out there.

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/3024/PU/1821-0581/Yamaha_WR250F_07-10

eeek Well shit! I thought I had checked everywhere befor I ordered mine... Damn. That woulda saved me some cash.
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:06 pm

This forum has helped me so much, I'm just glad I can give back a lil. thumb

Like you said, anything to help out a fellow wr rider.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Mikechicago wrote:
Q4 = $309
Megabomb = $192
Power Programmer = $197

this is where I got mine, I believe they are the best deal out there.
http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/3024/PU/1821-0581/Yamaha_WR250F_07-10

w00t! bow Thanks Mike...
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:38 pm

This also for low prices:

http://www.bustersdirtshop.com/search.php?mode=search

Ebay has FMF programer for $189 I think.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:39 pm

I'd be curious to know megabomb vs. powerbomb too (assuming associated mods).

The megabomb bubbles out out a bit more though and might need a shield if you ride in shorts like I sometimes do in this partally drained swamp called Florida. You might even need a (megabomb) shield for lightweight long pants.

I can feel the heat in short with the powerbomb but nothing you can't adjust your riding position for.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:07 am

I ordered my FMF parts from OEM Cycle. Great price, fast shipping, two thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:20 am

I ordered mine from oemcycle late yesterday. Delivery to Canada is a little slower, 7 - 10 days.
For out-of-country they ship USPS, perfect for Canadians. thumb
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:13 am

I'll tell you what guys, the Megabomb header made wayyyyy more of a difference to power than the powercore muffler did. I defintiely noticed a power increase when I put the powercore on with the stock header, but when I put the megabomb on, it's sooo much more powerful. And I haven't even tuned the fuel programmer yet cheers

I did melt my good pair of work pants though poser2
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:54 am

My HMF competition series exhaust that I purchased Sunday, will be at my house Friday. I think I'll be leaving work early wings Got it on Ebay for $265 with free shipping and it comes with 3 different inserts for controlling flow/noise level. I'll be hooking it up with a PCIII fuel controller. Everybody is getting the FMF, and I wanted something different without spending $700 + on a Graves system. I'll be sure to post up pics. Here's a link to the Ebay site if anybody wants to see it ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Competition-Exhaust-Pipe-Yamaha-WR250R-WR-250-Comp-/120602562233?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:41 pm

^^^Black muffler to go along with the black frame -- that will look nice. thumb
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:11 am

Is anyone able to compare the Megabomb vs. the Powerbomb in some meaningful way? I'd love to see if there is a difference, especially what FMF claims.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:02 pm

Mr.Metal wrote:
Is anyone able to compare the Megabomb vs. the Powerbomb in some meaningful way? I'd love to see if there is a difference, especially what FMF claims.

+1 to that
Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:05 pm

WRoldman wrote:
^^^Black muffler to go along with the black frame -- that will look nice. thumb

Now this is a sexy exhaust!
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-WR250X-Two-Brothers-Exhaust/dp/B002S4QH1W droooool droooool droooool
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:19 pm

Mikechicago wrote:
WRoldman wrote:

Now this is a sexy exhaust!
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-WR250X-Two-Brothers-Exhaust/dp/B002S4QH1W droooool droooool droooool

eeek Not a sexy price. And the 2 Brothers exhaust canister is so small it looks like it belongs on a PW50 or something.

Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:55 am

Look what showed up today... Exhaust Question - Page 2 Sam_0212 Nice quality... Exhaust Question - Page 2 Sam_0213 Me likey Exhaust Question - Page 2 Sam_0214
Exhaust Question - Page 2 Sam_0215
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 4:14 am

Looks awesome.

What's your initial gut feel on it?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 4:28 am

Sounds good too...

Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 4:32 am

motokid wrote:
Looks awesome.

What's your initial gut feel on it?

Well, I also installed a PCIII with it and I had preloaded a map. The difference was definitely noticeable. I stood it up in 2nd gear, no clutch, and hit the rev limiter before the front wheel hit the ground. It definitely has a bit more power. I think I'm gonna take the airbox door off and get a No-Toil High flow air filter kit and play with the PCIII to really fine tune it.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:58 pm

You will notice a lot lot more intake noise with no airbox door.

You will also have to be careful when going on dusty offroad rides like along the canal when it's dry.

BUT - no airbox door = noticeable more power.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:17 pm

motokid wrote:
You will notice a lot lot more intake noise with no airbox door.

You will also have to be careful when going on dusty offroad rides like along the canal when it's dry.

BUT - no airbox door = noticeable more power.

Do you change any settings on your EFI programmer when you take the air box door off?
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:38 pm

bow Day 6 with the new HMF exhaust, and with the Dynojet PCIII, it's really woken this bike up and given it a really deep growl. I look forward to riding it every day even more than I did before. Not sure about gas mileage, because I've been riding like a hooligan the past few days Shog but I'm guessing somewhere in the 50's.
Back to top Go down
M1A Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Without intake mode to allow more air, a less restrictive exhaust will yake away what little low end you have. As an example, take out the restrictive spark arrestor and try. You see you loose low end and it acts boggy.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 pm

I did the flapper mod to the airbox. With the new exhaust I have not had any bogging down issues. I also had the spark arrestor taken out of my stock exhaust, and I never noticed any bogging down either. With the PCIII fuel commander, as long as you have a good air/fuel ratio setup, you shouldn't have any bogging down.
Back to top Go down
M1A Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:54 pm

adamoto wrote:
I did the flapper mod to the airbox. With the new exhaust I have not had any bogging down issues. I also had the spark arrestor taken out of my stock exhaust, and I never noticed any bogging down either. With the PCIII fuel commander, as long as you have a good air/fuel ratio setup, you shouldn't have any bogging down.

I have 0-mods (100% stock). For giggles I pulled the arrestor to see what happend. It sounded cool, but I could tell right away it did not have the grunt with the arrestor in place. It also stumbled/bogged slightly when cold.
Back to top Go down
adamoto

adamoto

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 2:20 pm

M1A Rifleman wrote:

I have 0-mods (100% stock). For giggles I pulled the arrestor to see what happend. It sounded cool, but I could tell right away it did not have the grunt with the arrestor in place. It also stumbled/bogged slightly when cold.

It did not have the grunt because this bike runs lean from the factory. When you took the spark arrestor out, you made it more lean, hence the "grunt" loss. If you had a fuel controller with the spark arrestor removed, you probably would have been able to adjust the air/fuel ratio and compensated for the increased exhaust flow. Also, every engine is going to stumble/bog down when it's cold. My WRX would bog down before the engine warmed up even if it didn't have any mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exhaust Question   Exhaust Question - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exhaust Question
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next