Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Longer clutch cable - potential group buy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chadx

Longer clutch cable - potential group buy Empty
PostSubject: Longer clutch cable - potential group buy   Longer clutch cable - potential group buy EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:13 pm

I've been in contact with Motion Pro on a longer clutch cable for my WR250R. I wanted one 1.5" longer than stock (which I have laying here). They do not stock batches of these,
so it would be a custom cable at the cost of $40 plus shipping. Does anyone know of another source just to compare price?

I posted this on the ADVrider WRR mega thread and was asked about a group buy. I am currently gauging interest before I even bother asking Motion Pro (or another source if anyone has an idea).
Post up on this thread or PM me if you are interested in buying a longer than stock WRR/X cable. I was planning on getting one with 1.5" extra length, but 2" extra will work just fine, too, if it makes the group buy possible with motion pro and applicable to more people. One of the things I'll ask, since they are custom cables, is if we can get a group buy on different lengths or if it would require all one length for ease of repetition for the person making them. I'll also ask about a stepped price model depending on order number. That way, the more that are ordered, the better the price.

Please mention this around so I can get a rough idea by tomorrow night and contact them the next day.
Back to top Go down
MadDog49

PostSubject: Re: Longer clutch cable - potential group buy   Longer clutch cable - potential group buy EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 9:27 am

I like to put 2"rise and Renthal Desert bars on my bikes and i've been limited by the clutch cable length on my WRR. i would definitely want to purchase a 2" longer if it were available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Longer clutch cable - potential group buy   Longer clutch cable - potential group buy EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:33 pm

+1 I'm in if you can find a good deal.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Longer clutch cable - potential group buy   Longer clutch cable - potential group buy EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:04 pm

This thread is over a year old. Suspect
Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

PostSubject: Re: Longer clutch cable - potential group buy   Longer clutch cable - potential group buy EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:48 pm

At least you know he is using the search function =)

I think you might have to fork out the 40 dollars to Motion Pro to make you that clutch cable. I would think with the group buy, they would probably only save 10 bucks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Longer clutch cable - potential group buy   Longer clutch cable - potential group buy EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:22 am

Yes, I AM using the Search function. thumb

And Yes, I am an idiot for not realizing it was over a year old. GAHHHH

So you're saying I should probably unsubscribe to this?!?!
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Longer clutch cable - potential group buy   Longer clutch cable - potential group buy EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:37 am

whitea42 wrote:

So you're saying I should probably unsubscribe to this?!?!

Longer clutch cable - potential group buy Lol8 Probably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longer clutch cable - potential group buy   Longer clutch cable - potential group buy Empty

Back to top Go down

Longer clutch cable - potential group buy
Page 1 of 1