Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Helmet Break-In

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

Helmet Break-In Empty
PostSubject: Helmet Break-In   Helmet Break-In EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:22 pm

New Shoei Hornet DS helmet is a more than a bit snug. How much break in can I expect? I measured dead center medium on sizing chart so bought medium. You think if I wear it around the house for a couple days I'll be able to tell or will it take much longer?

Usually I just hang on to questionable stuff but at this price I have to make a decision.

Nobody carries them around here so I had to order from net.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

Helmet Break-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Break-In   Helmet Break-In EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:27 pm

I have an ICON helmet and when I first bought the helmet it made my head and ears hurt after about 20 or 30 mins of wearing it. It took about 5 or so long rides until it finally gave a little and it fits perfect now. I think a little snug is better than a little loose.............*insert dirty joke here
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

Helmet Break-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Break-In   Helmet Break-In EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Snug, so long as there are no pressure points, is what you want. I have a very large, very hard to fit head, and I get extreme pressure across the forehead in a LOT of helmets.

If the helmet is just a snug, cozy fit all the way around I'd call it the right size.

I managed to try on a Shoei Hornet DS on our recent trip South. It fit like no other helmet ever has before droooool but I didn't buy one.... That price! Helmet Break-In E-hair_pull Yes, I've paid that much for a helmet before, and am sure I will again, but just couldn't commit to it that day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Helmet Break-In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Helmet Break-In   Helmet Break-In Empty

Back to top Go down

Helmet Break-In
Page 1 of 1