Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cryptomundo

QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled Empty
PostSubject: QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled   QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:53 am

I have been looking for a good tire pressure gauge and recently purchased a 0-40 QuickCar tire pressure gauge. Someone I know who races street bikes recommended this to me. Its not a $20 gauge nor is it over $80 (the good ones can get expensive). I decided $50 was ok to spend on what I think is a great gauge. IMO this thing is excellent. This is not a gauge you would carry with you on your bike so I am still looking for one that I can put in my tool pack.

http://www.streetandcomp.com/store/itemdesc.asp?ic=21%2D56041&eq=&Tp=

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled   QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:15 am

cryptomundo wrote:

I have been looking for a good tire pressure gauge and recently purchased a 0-40 QuickCar tire pressure gauge. Someone I know who races street bikes recommended this to me. Its not a $20 gauge nor is it over $80 (the good ones can get expensive). I decided $50 was ok to spend on what I think is a great gauge. IMO this thing is excellent. This is not a gauge you would carry with you on your bike so I am still looking for one that I can put in my tool pack.

http://www.streetandcomp.com/store/itemdesc.asp?ic=21%2D56041&eq=&Tp=

Nice lookin' gauge! I'm ordering one. I found a cheap plastic dial type tire gauge at the auto parts store that I'll carry on the bike once I verify it's accurate..

BigFeet
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled   QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:47 am

One thing I noticed about the gauge is the marker at zero. The old versions used to have a single line or pin at zero (seen in the link below) and the new gauges have a bracket. So, when the dial drops down to zero the gauges can vary from gauge to gauge as to where the dial stops (top of bracket, middle, or bottom). Quickcar explained the variance can be caused when shipping or if the gauges are dropped, something like that. It can make a difference in the accuracy (very little) so you if you want to know your gauges accuracy you would want to find someone with a very good digital gauge to do the compare. I compared mine with a gauge at the Yamaha dealer and the difference was about .5

http://www.quickcar.net/tire_mgmt/lq_tire_ga.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled   QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:52 pm

CM,

Good to know. Thanks for the info,

-feet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled   QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled Empty

Back to top Go down

QuickCar Tire Pressure Gauge - 0-40 PSI Liquid Filled
Page 1 of 1