Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
boostedtimmy

Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front. Empty
PostSubject: Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front.   Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front. EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 12:30 am

Long story short I can't get brake pressure on the front wheel.

I've tried every method for bleeding the brakes and can't get pressure back. No matter what squeezing the brake produces bubbles in the resevoir FOREVER, it never stops, there is no sign of fluid escaping anywhere though!

When I put the levers on, the brake was real tight, before I realized this I squeezed the lever a bunch pushing the plunger back as far as it would go, did I break something? The master will push fluid through the line when squeezed, but never builds pressure on a closed system. Any ideas?

Sorry, I've been lurking here for like 6 months, never needed to post theres so much here!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front.   Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front. EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:20 am

When the brake lever is released and out as far as it will go, does the lever still touch the master cylinder piston?
If so, the piston is being held from fully extending to it's full-out position.
Back to top Go down
boostedtimmy

PostSubject: Re: Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front.   Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front. EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:58 am

Oh wow probably not, I can't wait to check now...

So if it isn't fully disengaging the piston, would it be stupid to put the stocker on to build up pressure then swap the levers out?
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front.   Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front. EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:13 am

It should be possible to adjust the new lever to work. The lever was listed for a WRR/X right?
Back to top Go down
boostedtimmy

PostSubject: Re: Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front.   Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front. EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:40 am

You can adjust the lever but it doesn't adjust the pressure on the piston, kind of hard to explain. The piston was fully disengaging but then I put the stock lever on anyways and the bubbling in the resevoir stopped. The stock lever is a screw that only hits the piston the ASV lever mashes the entire piston and rubber surrounding. I got it to build pressure with the stock lever, then I just swapped out levers. I don't recommend the ASV brake lever, I had to modify it to hit the brake light switch too, its just a little too short as mentioned in another post here.

Thanks for the suggestions, im so glad I can finally ride again!
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front.   Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front. EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:28 am

boostedtimmy wrote:
You can adjust the lever but it doesn't adjust the pressure on the piston, kind of hard to explain. The piston was fully disengaging but then I put the stock lever on anyways and the bubbling in the resevoir stopped. The stock lever is a screw that only hits the piston the ASV lever mashes the entire piston and rubber surrounding. I got it to build pressure with the stock lever, then I just swapped out levers. I don't recommend the ASV brake lever, I had to modify it to hit the brake light switch too, its just a little too short as mentioned in another post here.

Thanks for the suggestions, im so glad I can finally ride again!

Can't speak for ASV's levers for the WR/X, but I added ASVs for my wife's SV650 and the package included a clip for the clutch to engage the safety disconnect, and the clutch lever had a limit on adjustment to deactivate the safety for starting. The brake lever worked fine out of the box.

I suggest you contact ASV for their recommendation.

BTW, wifey loves the ASVs since she has short arthritic hands and fingers.
Back to top Go down
boostedtimmy

PostSubject: Re: Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front.   Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Not sure, had a real bad experience with the eBay seller I got mine from maybe he forgot to include something. I got sent the wrong lever twice and when I finally got the part number for the eBay seller he said "That's wierd thats actually an ATV knuckle" so it seems like ASV just reused something that fit an ATV but its just slightly too short to hit the brake switch. The clutch lever however fit perfect and has probably already paid for itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front.   Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front. Empty

Back to top Go down

Put on my ASV levers, can't get brake pressure on the front.
Page 1 of 1