Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front Rotor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Akasy

Front Rotor Empty
PostSubject: Front Rotor   Front Rotor EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:53 pm

I had to lace on a new front rim and in the process it appeared easier to just get the rotor out of the way--which it was BUT--if you are going to remove that front rotor make dang sure you have a NEW--HARDENED Torx bit of high quality. These buggers are put in with RED locktite and weak button head torx bolts. I got them out but what a bear--be forwarned.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Front Rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front Rotor   Front Rotor EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:44 pm

I heat-up the heads of the bolts with a propane torch to soften the thread locker.
They don't need to be glowing cherry red, but hot enough so you won't want to touch them. :)
Back to top Go down
Akasy

Front Rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front Rotor   Front Rotor EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:32 pm

YZEtc wrote:
I heat-up the heads of the bolts with a propane torch to soften the thread locker.
They don't need to be glowing cherry red, but hot enough so you won't want to touch them. :)

Tried to do that--hard to do with the rubber damper behind--I did get the first one hot but when I got it out the heat had little effect on the thread locker.
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

Front Rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front Rotor   Front Rotor EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Torx?!? scratch Ours were installed with allen socket heads. They were tight though. Definitely had to be lined up and 'crack' it free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Front Rotor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front Rotor   Front Rotor Empty

Back to top Go down

Front Rotor
Page 1 of 1