Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
10Cup

10Cup

Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes Empty
PostSubject: Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes   Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Some may not know, but I had pretty hard crash a few weeks ago after being hit by a 12 point Buck while out riding. I ended up with a couple of broken ribs a bad concussion (was out for over 30 minutes) and a mangled hip that really hurts. I'm on the mend now so that is all good.

But what I wanted to let everyone know about is what I consider to be the best customer service I have ever had. Paul, the owner of Highway Dirt Bikes received an email from me asking how I should approach bending back my hand guards. They took a 40 mph hit when the Buck pulled a barbed wire behind him and in front of my bike taking my wheels out from under me instantly. I was not sure If I should use heat to try to bend them back or not so thought I'd ask Paul. Here is his reply.

Hi Mike,

Frame those, I'll get a new set of guards out Monday. Please let me know if the address on your order is current.

Thanks,
Paul

It never even entered my mind that he would replace a product that got damaged through no fault of his. I wanted to share this with everyone as this is the kind of company we should all support. they make a fantastic product and with this kind of service you just can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes   Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Very good to read about Highway Dirt Bikes' excellent support! thumb

Sorry about the Big Buck lassooing your WR and you. I've been tagged by those evil big forrest rats twice. With the first I had a hip injury too (just soft tissue) that prevented me (worse pain I've ever experienced) from lifting/dangling my foot off the ground. Because I couldn't walk I was in a wheelchair (going around in circles due to broken clavicle on same side as bad hip tough ) A few days later I realized I could walk backwards dragging the foot on the ground. For some reason everyone gets in your way when you're walking backwards! budah Thinking about it now: poser2

I hope your mending continues well and you get right back in the saddle. thumb
Back to top Go down
Justlookin

PostSubject: Another happy camper   Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi All,
First time caller, Highway Dirt Bikes is definately a great business to deal with. I was looking to buy the whole setup for my XR650R a couple of years ago and I could not find the XR650R on the HDB web site so I called and talked to Paul. He told me the components were the same as the Yamaha so I ordered the whole setup along with the optional flip mirror. The package arrived promptly and although the machine work was almost to nice to mount on the bike the mirror was missing from the order. My first thought was to forget about it since I didn't think it would be all that functional anyway but I decided to call Paul and see about getting the mirror. Paul answered the phone and apologized saying that he packed the box himself and just forgot to send the mirror. A couple of days later a package arrived with 2 mirrors so I installed the one on the left side thinking it would be basicly worthless but would make the bike legal in Ohio. The first time I went down the road and flipped it out I was shocked how functional it was. I can quickly adjust it to actually see what is behind me and it stays put until I crash or hit limbs etc.
I still have the XR but the charging system failed me about 100 miles from the house as I was leaving to do the TAT so I rode the bike home and went to Columbus Ohio that evening and bought a new WR250R, put the HDB bars on it and left the next morning. 8300 miles WOOHOO! wings
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes   Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:14 am

Mercy! Hitting a deer in our Jeep was enough to ruin my day, and has made me super paranoid on the bike. Glad you two are here to tell your story. Thanks for the good word on HDB.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes   Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:14 am

My poor Land Rover was attacked by deer twice. Both times in the front right fender. Crumpled it. My poor motorcycle was attacked by Sheep! Bike was fine, but I was a little crumpled. Why is it that animals run at, not away from, loud moving vehicles? Got me some of Paul's magic, but I doubt it's going to help much if a deer trys to beat me across the road. puke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes   Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes Empty

Back to top Go down

Great Service from Highway Dirt Bikes
Page 1 of 1