Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??

Go down 
+5
Reschly
gas_pig70
Gargoyle
boogn1sh
Addicted
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Addicted

Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? Empty
PostSubject: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:23 am

I'm looking at the FMF Powerbomb header I got in the mail yesterday, thinking I should rig up a heat shield for it. Has anyone done that? I may try to mount the OEM heat sheild on it. I think that one looks nice.
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:18 am

I use the Powerbomb and haven't found any need for a heat shield on it. If I ever mount bags, I think the Q4 can could use something....
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle

Gargoyle

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:21 pm

I put a DRC heat shield on mine.

Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? IMG_0653
Back to top Go down
gas_pig70

gas_pig70

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:06 pm

Gargoyle wrote:
I put a DRC heat shield on mine.

Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? IMG_0653
This one?

DRC Universal Heat Shield
D31-02-101

Is there spacing between it and the Powerbomb?
Back to top Go down
Gargoyle

Gargoyle

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:44 pm

gas_pig70 wrote:

This one?

DRC Universal Heat Shield
D31-02-101

Is there spacing between it and the Powerbomb?
Yes and Yes.
Back to top Go down
Addicted

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:50 pm

Here's my solution: Put the OEM shield on the Powerbomb. Worked out nicely!

Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? IMG_2761
Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? IMG_2763
Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? IMG_2765
Back to top Go down
Reschly

Reschly

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:02 pm

If you have removed your rear pegs it exposes your pants of boots to the slip on end of the can. I removed the shield from the right side peg, reshaped it a little and mounted it off of the upper rear peg mount. No more burned up pants or boots. Will post pics later
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:59 pm

Addicted wrote:
Here's my solution: Put the OEM shield on the Powerbomb. Worked out nicely!

Nice looking brackets & weld job. thumb I personally don't see a need for a shield on the header but you did a good job on that one. I like the look of the PowerBomb and to cover it with a shield kinda takes away from the bling of having it in the first place. Not that bling is more important than safety, but I don't have a problem with the way I ride in coming close enough to the header to fear getting burned.
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 9:25 pm

So why did you choose the powerbomb over the megabond?

TIA
Back to top Go down
Machtig

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:00 am

I just had my Jet Hot coated. Should be here Thursday, then I'll post some photos
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:49 am

Addicted wrote:
I'm looking at the FMF Powerbomb header I got in the mail yesterday, thinking I should rig up a heat shield for it. Has anyone done that? I may try to mount the OEM heat sheild on it. I think that one looks nice.

Just reinstall the OEM. Works fine and it's free All you need is some 1/8th inch aluminum bar stock, a couple pipe clamps, and a few screws. Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? 525406
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??   Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Heat shields for the Powerbomb Header ??
Page 1 of 1