Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Powerbomb Header Question

Go down 
+3
mucker
motokid
liftdt4r
7 posters
AuthorMessage
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

Powerbomb Header Question Empty
PostSubject: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:39 am

Hey guys, I was wondering for those that have an FMF powerbomb header, is the header stamped FMF or does it say FMF anywhere on it? I was hoping to use a powerbomb header and a Yosh slip on, I think this will work, but I didn't want the header to say FMF and the slip on to say Yosh. Thanks guys!!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:03 am

liftdt4r wrote:
but I didn't want the header to say FMF and the slip on to say Yosh. Thanks guys!!

And that's a problem because?????

From what I can tell from pictures, it looks like the header has the FmF name etched into it. Nothing that really stands out, but it appears to be there in a subtle fashion. (google is your friend)

You could wrap header if it's really an issue.

Or just get a full FmF system.

Or ride through a nice mud puddle and nobody will be able to read what brand you're sportin'. thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:09 pm

The words "Power Bomb" are lightly engraved on the fat part. I can barely make them out on my tarnished pipe.
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 pm

motokid wrote:
liftdt4r wrote:
but I didn't want the header to say FMF and the slip on to say Yosh. Thanks guys!!

And that's a problem because?????

From what I can tell from pictures, it looks like the header has the FmF name etched into it. Nothing that really stands out, but it appears to be there in a subtle fashion. (google is your friend)

I have like OCD when it comes to stuff like that. In a lot of the google images it looks like they don't say anything. I was hoping to hear from someone who has one. I'll probably order the header first and depending on what it looks like I'll either order an FMF or the Yosh pipe.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:10 pm

A) why are you so stuck on getting a header pipe?

B) or - why is having a Yoshi canister that important?

Skip the header pipe and use that money to get a fuel programmer.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
smitty!!!

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:26 pm

From my understanding there is no HP gain with using a FMF header with a Yoshimura pipe. Yoshimura didn't market a header for that reason, no HP gain with their pipe.

-smitty
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:30 pm

smitty!!! wrote:
From my understanding there is no HP gain with using a FMF header with a Yoshimura pipe. Yoshimura didn't market a header for that reason, no HP gain with their pipe.

-smitty

My point exactly.

I've never seen any evidence that replacing the Yamaha header has any advantage unless the Yamaha header is damaged.

Also - the advantage of adding something more important like a fuel programmer tips the scales farther away from the header.

Just my 2 cents though.....your money, your motorcycle. Enjoy.

And post pictures of whatever you get.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:44 pm

Ohh without a doubt I'll be getting the fuel programmer too, would not skimp on that.

As far as the header I've seen posts on here about it not providing any HP gains. Even if it's only a little I'd take it for $160. I really don't like the look of the stocker either with the heat shield and all. I think it would look much better and more like a motocross bike with an aftermarket header.

As you can see I'm hung up on the looks of the bike a little. For the $160 I'll take the chance at not gaining any HP. It won't break the bank for me but thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
WRXer

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:07 pm

I have a PB & a Yosh. Guess I'm just not that vein.
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:36 am

WRXer wrote:
I have a PB & a Yosh. Guess I'm just not that vein.

I also wouldn't mind buying the header because FMF claims it reduces noise too. I'm not sure how much, but I'm willing to take a shot on that too.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:49 am

If noise is a concern, and it should be IMHO, then look into the FmF Q4.

Then there's no concerns over the FmF header and what may be etched into it. thumb

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:32 am

Not to mention too that the Yosh is a loud pipe...much louder than the Q4. Powerbomb Header Question 61865

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 4:56 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Not to mention too that the Yosh is a loud pipe...much louder than the Q4. Powerbomb Header Question 61865
I have the Megabomb header and Q4. A Quebec police officer never mentionned noise after he saw me pass a truck on a yellow, uphill, while bouncing off the rev limiter through 3 geers. No ticket or fine for the illegal pass either. wink Just a stern lecture. Shog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powerbomb Header Question   Powerbomb Header Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Powerbomb Header Question
Page 1 of 1