Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dent in Powercore 4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCycle

TheCycle

Dent in Powercore 4 Empty
PostSubject: Dent in Powercore 4   Dent in Powercore 4 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi all I am in need of some advice.

I bought my bike used and it had the FMF powercore 4 exhaust along with the stock header.  I noticed that the exhaust had a nasty dent when I got the bike home.

Dent in Powercore 4 ZVqvKfM

Dent in Powercore 4 RPsN2cD

I also noticed a little gap where the exhaust connects to the header.

Dent in Powercore 4 Mh9OucN

Did this guy get the wrong exhaust?  There's no room to push it towards the front of bike to close the gap.  I'm also worried about the dent forming by the passenger peg.  Does anyone else have this problem with the PC4 and stock header?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: Dent in Powercore 4   Dent in Powercore 4 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 10:27 pm

I just unboxed a brand new FMF Q4 pipe for my WR, and it has a dent in the same spot. Looks like it's supposed to be there. Even if it was a ding in your pipe, it wouldn't make that much difference in the performance.

As far as the gap in the header, if the PO sealed it when he assembled it, and it's not leaking, -I- wouldn't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
TheCycle

TheCycle

PostSubject: Re: Dent in Powercore 4   Dent in Powercore 4 EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 11:05 pm

mollycbr123 wrote:
I just unboxed a brand new FMF Q4 pipe for my WR, and it has a dent in the same spot.  Looks like it's supposed to be there.  Even if it was a ding in your pipe, it wouldn't make that much difference in the performance.

As far as the gap in the header, if the PO sealed it when he assembled it, and it's not leaking, -I- wouldn't worry about it.  

THANK YOU. I wasn't worried too much about performance. I was worried about the bracket rubbing a hole in the pipe. Good to know the dent comes from the factory.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Dent in Powercore 4   Dent in Powercore 4 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 6:33 am

The gap between the exhaust and the factory header is supposed to be filled with an aluminum sleeve that FmF supplies with pipe.

Looks like whoever had the bike before you used the Yamaha "sleeve" or "spacer" - which from my vantage point makes much more sense.

The aluminum sleeve on my X has melted and deformed. If I ever get the two parts separated I'll use the Yamaha spacer as a replacement. There's pictures of my melted together situation somewhere around the forum.  scratch 

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Dent in Powercore 4   Dent in Powercore 4 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:56 am

Yeah, that "dent" is actually supposed to be there so the pipe will clear the bracket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dent in Powercore 4   Dent in Powercore 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dent in Powercore 4
Page 1 of 1