Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear racks and skidplates??

Go down 
+5
SheWolf
KLRchickie
GsVs
BuilderBob
DougZ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DougZ

DougZ

Rear racks and skidplates?? Empty
PostSubject: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:41 pm

which ones, of each, does everyone like for the WRR, and why?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:20 am

Anyone??
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:45 am

I haven't tried any of the others, but I like my rack from nomadicracks (ebay vendor). Nice design, no drilling through the fender and mounts to existing points. We'll see how it holds up with a rotopax and tail bag on it.

Rear racks and skidplates?? Rack%201
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: bags-luggage-camp-gear   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Check out this folder and all the threads within ...

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/f18-bags-luggage-camp-gear
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:17 am

I am still undecided as to what rear rack I am gonna get..leaning towards the Pro Moto Billit one.

I did order a Flatlands skidplate though..seems to be pretty good. I will line it with some light rubber sheeting to avoid the noise people seem to have issues with, with it.
Back to top Go down
KLRchickie

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:17 pm

ZED has a Flatlands skidplate, I have a Zeta. Our riding in Moab last week showed some flaws in each. We intend to do up a more comprehensive review of them in the near future. The Flatlands plate now has "tears" on the rear side of each "ear" just above the welds. The Zeta is too thin and the "ears" don't stick up far enough - water pump damage is still a real possibility.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:42 pm

My B&B Offroad is still holding up tuff as nails!! wings

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 am

Yeah +1 for B&B skid plate .. as for rear rack, I just replaced my Yahama rear rack with the Promoto .. the Yamaha rear rack is great but I needed more space for luggage .. the Promoto is a good choice, well built, perfect size .. one other thing, I have Wolfman saddle bags and with the Yamaha rear rack I was having to make some adjustments when installing the Wolfman side racks (because of how the Yamaha rear rack connects to the bike). I was able to clean things up a bit with the Promoto rear rack installed.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:05 am

cryptomundo wrote:

Yeah +1 for B&B skid plate .. as for rear rack, I just replaced my Yahama rear rack with the Promoto .. the Yamaha rear rack is great but I needed more space for luggage .. the Promoto is a good choice, well built, perfect size .. one other thing, I have Wolfman saddle bags and with the Yamaha rear rack I was having to make some adjustments when installing the Wolfman side racks (because of how the Yamaha rear rack connects to the bike). I was able to clean things up a bit with the Promoto rear rack installed.

You want to sell the Yamaha rack? Very happy
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:11 am

someone already picked it up sorry
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Well, I ended up getting the Flatlands Racing skip plate. Seemed pretty good quality, and was priced right. Only thing I do not like about it are the two exposed screw heads on the bottom side. I liked my DRZ Tonns skidplate for that reason...nothing exposed. I would have also preferred M8's instead of M6's, but that is Yamaha's fault.

I have not gotten a rear rack yet...do not need it yet..but I am leaning towards the Pro Moto. Nice looking and sturdy. I just wish it was $30 or so cheaper.
Back to top Go down
yaw

PostSubject: rear rack   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:45 pm

I just got the flatlands. Needed to saw off the back corners so it wouldn't hit the rear frame bolts. Sound coming from the clutch is loud especially when at idle. Going to have to figure out a way to quiet it. I am thinking of making a rear rack out of a bamboo cutting board. Super light, sturdy and easy to fabricate. $10
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:14 pm

I made some changes to bike the other day and took it for a ride around the block with no helmet on..safe block, no worries. Anyway, I heard this awful metal sound. Not sure what the heck it was. Came back to driveway and yanked skid plate off and took it for another ride. Holy crap that thing makes noise. I knew about it when I had seen other posts about people painting them with plasticote. I'll just get some rubber from work and line it with that. But wow.....lots O noise.
Back to top Go down
JLR2499

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:50 am

Installed the pro moto billet rack today. Went on slick as could be, well under an hour. The holes lined up perfect, no filing necessary. Looks great. Very happy I went with this rack.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:26 pm

FLATLANDS SKIDPLATE:

Anyone else have trouble getting the under engine bolts out?? Mine seem to be stuck. They are at the point where I feel if I try any harder to get them out, the head will either strip out, or the bolt will snap. baldy
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:30 pm

Ack... Suspect not a good position to be in. I don't have the Flatland; the B&B uses the rear motor mounts to affix and then two bolt on the upper frame. Try tightening it a bit, then spray some weasel piss in there, and work it around back and forth a bit. Might break it free enuf to undo. dunno

PostSubject: Re: Rear racks and skidplates??   Rear racks and skidplates?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear racks and skidplates??
Page 1 of 1