Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design

Go down 
+19
S.Myrr
Lupin 3rd
424LIFE
Thethirteenthone
jswr450
CDTSTR
PYG RYDR
DPete
sophijo
Gregarious
Belt Mountain
hyperboarder
FF176
sturgeon
4play
ezrdr55
Old Rider
bluzharp
Jnscaggs
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design Empty
PostSubject: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Hey guys, first off thanks to everyone who has purchased racks from me, I am happy to have provided you with the strongest, highest quality rack you could possibly put on your WR.

I have finished designing the Big and Slim Racks and am very happy with how they've turned out. I've heard good feedback so far from fellows who have them installed.

I have retained the Rotopax compatibility on both sizes, as well as the Givi Monokey compatibility on the Big Rack.

The new Slim and Big Racks are currently only available in Black.

Ordering is easy, just send me an email at scaggsmotodesigns@gmail.com I'll respond right away, unless I'm asleep.
These racks also fit on the CRF250L with a different mounting kit so tell your buddies please!

Check the website for current pricing and domestic and INt'l shipping rates are all calculated at checkout.

Thanks
Jared Scaggs

Now operating under the name Scaggs Designs. My new website is ScaggsMotoDesigns.com
Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design Crf25011
Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design <a href=Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design Crf25012" />
Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design <a href=Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design Nr210" />

Last edited by Jnscaggs on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
bluzharp

PostSubject: Big Racks are awesome   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:43 am

I love my big rack. Part of the greatness of it is its beefiness. In a crash, this thing is not going to be fazed in the slightest. I think 3/8" would be plenty. There are also more threads for the mounting systems in the thicker material. Thanks Jared for a fantastic product. I have no doubt that whatever you decide, it will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Old Rider

Old Rider

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 2:39 pm

I really like my small rack on my WR for what I intend to carry. If I could only get it in grey that would not be a show stopper for me. However, if I had the choice of only the larger version, I would probably looked else where for a smaller rack.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:31 pm

I appreciate the comments fellas, you are making me seriously reconsider!
Back to top Go down
ezrdr55

ezrdr55

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:26 pm

If it's only $50 difference I'd go with 1/2".  I like the DIY UHMW racks, but some people would rather just buy one.  Maybe offer that as a lower cost alternative.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 pm

I may get the 1st one  thumb 
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Yep, even though the existing racks have been a good success, I think I am going to make some of these new style light weight cost friendly racks to see what happens!

I can always go back to the old style if necessary.

Should have something made up soon!
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 11:46 am

Perhaps a moot point, since I already have one of your originals and don't really need another one. But here's my 2 cents anyway. I wouldn't want a larger one (in area); the original size suits my purposes just fine, and fits the lines of the bike nicely. But I'd buy a 1/4" thick version without hesitation. I've got a 4mm rack on my F800GS that's seen a lot of abuse and is still going strong. I did manage to put a slight bend in it, when we took a little nap while fully loaded. But that's 500 lbs of bike and 200 lbs of rider which exerts a fair bit of leverage, especially on a rack that extends out to the sides a lot more. I was able to bend it back, but it took a lot of effort.
Back to top Go down
FF176

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Looking forward to seeing the new rack. Been watching them on eBay since I got my bike in April. Would appreciate info on purchasing when they are ready.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
hyperboarder

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 10:17 pm

If you need a tester for the new DR650 rack let me know Very happy.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 10:41 pm

I have sold at least 15 of the DR650 racks since this summer when I started offering them, and have had good feedback from those buyers so far. I'd be happy to sell you one however, even though it doesn't really need any more testing.

I have finalized a design and began producing some of the new Big Racks. They look great! I am still waiting for the roads clear up so I can run them down to Indianapolis for anodizing, but I should have them ready to ship this time next week. I'll post pictures up as soon as they're ready.

One last thing, today I sold the last slim rack, and the last old style big rack last week. Hopefully you guys like the new big rack because I would like for that to be the only rack I sell for the WR.

They will be $120 plus shipping in the US for anyone who contacts me directly at JnScaggs@gmail.com

$130 possibly plus shipping on eBay.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jnscaggs on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Belt Mountain

PostSubject: Rack   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:11 pm

any photos available? Website? Thanks
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 pm

I saw a picture of one raw (not anodized yet), looked very much like the 1/2" thick version.
He has a batch ready to be anodized.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 12:35 am

I am going to fight the urge to spoil the surprise and wait til I have the racks anodized before I post any pictures, I had hoped I would have had them done by now but the "Polar Vortex" or whatever they called it and the weather it brought have put me almost a week behind schedule. Should be able to make my anodizing road trip Thursday, Ill see what kind of deal I can work out with the shop owner to get them done sooner. Hopefully this time next week I'll have something to you guys.

I loved the old racks but this one just really does it for me, super light weight, strong as hell (still), bigger strap slots, all the contours tweaked and nice big chamfers to top it off, you guys are gonna like it.

Jared
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Here it is! the new Scaggs Big Rack   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:52 pm

I picked up all my new racks from the anodizing shop this morning, they turned out great, exactly what I wanted! Please send me an email at JNSCAGGS@gmail.com to order.

Price on this new rack is $120
Shipping $10 for US
$15 for AK, HI and Canada
$20 anywhere else in the world
Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design <a href=Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design New_bi11" />

Last edited by Jnscaggs on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 5:23 pm

Nice, looking forward to installing it!
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:27 pm

I like it! I pushed it around a bit & it's stronger than the mount.
Awesome product & customer service!

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design Photo-5

I'll take some better pictures soon, but I'm in the middle of making my own wolfman racks..
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:23 pm

The rack looks great on the bike! I am excited to see some more pics.

Great job on the side racks, looks like you are a pro fabricator!
Back to top Go down
Gregarious

PostSubject: Another satisfied customer   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 10:46 pm

Just installed mine this evening. Nice rack work, Jared!

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design IMG_1443-M

Not a great picture, and it makes the rack seems larger than it appears in person. Very nice workmanship.
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: Jared's rack   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:16 pm

I rec'd mine two days ago. Haven't installed it yet but I'm here to tell you that this is a beautiful piece of work, and this from a machinist's POV. Well done Jared! When you issue stock, let me know! I'm in!
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 am

More pictures

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design Photo-12

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design Photo-13
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 6:01 pm

sophijo wrote:
I rec'd mine two days ago. Haven't installed it yet
Same here, always did like a nice rack  Very happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: shipping to canada   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi Jared, on your ebay site you state the shipping to canada is $32 and change but here you say $15, which one is correct?  Also do you ship using USPS?  Thanks in advance and love the new direction change, well worth the $.  Joe
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Hey Joe, I am glad you like the new design. I am glad to finally be able to provide such a high quality rack at a much lower price than possible before.

As to your eBay question, I have the weight entered into the shipping calculator to provide the most accurate price possible to take the guess work out of the equation. If it says it will cost $32.xx to mail, that's exactly how much it'll cost. I have it setup this way on top of a $130 price tag to compensate for some of the outrageous eBay fees.

My offer is, to everyone who saves me money on those fees by contacting me directly through the forum or by email (jnscaggs@gmail.com) is like previously stated $120 plus shipping. $10 for US $15 for Canada and calculated anywhere else on the globe.

I am trying to pass on money saved to you guys, that are willing to just send me an email.

So, $135 will get you this rack into Canada, delivered to your home Via USPS, at least until it leaves the US.

please email me or PM to place your order

Thanks
Jared

Last edited by Jnscaggs on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Got mine on today   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design Rack001_zpsd5743527
Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design Rack002_zps161b25a8
Need to find some good all purpose straps or bungees, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design   Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design Empty

Back to top Go down

Scaggs Billet Luggage Racks - new more cost friendly design
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next