Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My Luggage Solution

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
johnnyadventurepants

johnnyadventurepants

My Luggage Solution Empty
PostSubject: My Luggage Solution   My Luggage Solution EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:10 pm

I bought a Wolfman Luggage Mini Beta on clearance a couple of weeks ago on clearance for 100 bucks. I know that some have mounted it with no rack and were happy with it. My problem is that I'm so tall I sit way back on the seat and have to push the bag way back and it ends up behind the factory exhaust heat shield and is directly exposed to the heat. I decided to tinker and see if I could come up with a homemade rack/heatshield.

Hmmm. I have a couple of old street signs in the garage...

My Luggage Solution 001

My Luggage Solution 002

My Luggage Solution 003

I was just practicing and seeing if it was possible, but I liked it enough to just go with it. I then sprayed it with some Bondo spray can bed liner stuff.

My Luggage Solution 010

My Luggage Solution 011

My Luggage Solution 017

Here you can see how far back the bag goes and why I wanted the heat shield. I will add some footman loops on the rack later to make it useful for carrying other stuff or mounting an everyday tail bag.

My Luggage Solution 018

I also had some Walmart ATV saddlebags that I bought for 18 bucks. I drilled through the panniers and the plastic fairings to run a zip tie through and keep them mounted forward and up out of the way of my knees. They work great and I keep these on my bike all of the time. They hold a set of tubes, all of my tools, and plenty of room for wallet, cell phone, snacks, etc.

My Luggage Solution 012

My Luggage Solution 013

Zip tied the handles together on the top:

My Luggage Solution 015

Ready to go camping!

My Luggage Solution 014

Back to top Go down
soggytire

soggytire

PostSubject: Re: My Luggage Solution   My Luggage Solution EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Very creative!!!! If you make another one.. I might be interested in buying it. The way it covers the pipe can save a ton of gear from burning up. nicely done!
Back to top Go down
johnnyadventurepants

johnnyadventurepants

PostSubject: Re: My Luggage Solution   My Luggage Solution EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Do you have a rack on your bike already? I was thinking it would be pretty easy to make a removable heat shield to use when you wanted to use the larger luggage on the rack. You could just bend a piece of aluminum and use a couple bolts to hold it onto current rack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Luggage Solution   My Luggage Solution Empty

Back to top Go down

My Luggage Solution
Page 1 of 1