Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

oil question

Go down 
+22
TBird1
Pokey
GreenStreet
mordicai
usgpru27
motokid
onelove
texascycle
Chrispy1200
skierd
CDNSXV
Jäger
BluePill
manganos
MeefZah
BigBoar
Bob
BPG
mwakey
dirtytrixx400
SheWolf
inspector
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
papi4baby

papi4baby

oil question - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oil question   oil question - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:29 am

Just changed my oil yesterday and i notice the Yamalube looked like royal purple and it also remind it me of synthetic oil for military jet engines just a tad thicker.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Bleeder screw - possible alternative ?   oil question - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Instead of messing with bleeder screw, I trust this:

After oil, filter and refill, I leave the bike on the jack or standing vertical so I can start it and watch the oil level window. If the level in the window instantly sucks down on starting the engine (always has), the oil pump must be pumping.

Last edited by LightFoot on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chuckP

PostSubject: Re: oil question   oil question - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:47 pm

Are you guys checking oil level on a stand or on the wheels?
Back to top Go down
Fly man

PostSubject: Re: oil question   oil question - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:33 am

chuckP wrote:
Are you guys checking oil level on a stand or on the wheels?

HI. Just 2 years late with the answer. Level on the wheels or on a stand either is fine. Just not leaned over on the side stand. Use your right hand to hold the bike straight up and down and then crouch down and look in the little glass window at the oik level. Once the bike is straight up it is very easy to balance there as the weight is cèntered over the tires.
Back to top Go down
Fly man

PostSubject: Re: oil question   oil question - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:37 am

Fyi. if the level in the sight glass is adjusted while the bike is on the sidestand it will be overful. Too overful can blow out seals and do other nasty things depending on how overful.
Back to top Go down
MADDOGGIE501

PostSubject: Re: oil question   oil question - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 10:52 pm

I know this is weird, I just changed the oil and checked it while holding it straight up and level, just like the owners manual said. The oil was perfect. I then put it up on my dirt bike center stand, so that I wouldn't have to hold it up. No oil in the sight glass. I think its so sensitive that if the the bike is raised in the front or rear on the center stand it don't show any oil. Just check it while holding it up, straight and level. PS. I also knew I put in 1 Quart (32 ounces) and 12 more ounces from another bottle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oil question   oil question - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

oil question
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3