Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit?

Go down 
+3
little squirt
bren5279
addikted2boost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? Empty
PostSubject: athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit?   athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 5:22 am

so ive been doing some thinking and im thinking about eigther getting the athena big bore kit or the TR big bore kit anyone kno which s better? and i would be adding the mpfab turbo kit to it. But my major thing is i want power but reliability now i kno turboing this engine isnt the greatest if you want reliability but i dont want the 56whp mpfab is claiming there turbo kit will produce i just want around 45 and i thought well maybe if i add a big bore kit with the turbo kit i wouldnt have to punish the engine to much to get around 45 hp im open to all suggustions!

Back to top Go down
bren5279

PostSubject: Re: athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit?   athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Im kinda wondering the same thing, but from what Ive heard the big bore kit isnt worth it.
hope you get an answer
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit?   athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 6:51 pm

the standard MP kit doesnt make 56hp, thats his personal bike with alot of elbow grease added. He just showing you what the kit is able to make and what the bike can handle.

the standard kit he sells makes approx 45hp and 28 tq. with about 6-7 psi, which much more tame and less stress on the engine than what you see with his 56hp version.
Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit?   athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 1:52 am

I think the key is to keep as many stock parts as you can in the engine, that means skip the big bore
Turbo's don't hinder reliability til you over boost or use bad fuel
Big bore will never make the same power as a turbo so, simple, turbo is best for overall most power for reliability factor
I can't see any reason to do both, if you want more power you can reduce compression or run race fuel and crank up the boost
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: yeah but    athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:44 am

the reason i was thinking do both is bc i figured it would be nice to have more bottom end power with the big bore kit and having top end power with the turbo for an overall great power curve! but im pretty sure the athena kit doesnt mess with the warranty! also wouldnt a bigger bore help the turbo spool faster ?
Back to top Go down
RichardU

PostSubject: Re: athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit?   athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:01 pm

bren5279 wrote:
from what Ive heard the big bore kit isnt worth it.
"Worth it" is subjective. Depends on how much you value your money and your time. I did the TR big bore for my X, and I would do it again. I haven't done it for my R. I would not do the turbo for an R, and I don't think it is recommended. I communicated with MPFab about putting the turbo on a big bore and he said he would be worried about the transmission holding up.
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: so which is better    athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 6:16 pm

TR bigbore or athena? i heard Tr doesnt dro your rpms and i heard athena drops off like 500 i think but if the athena nakes more low end power sacrificing 500 rpms isnt that big a deal? please let me know how the TR kit is and how much hp it adds
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit?   athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:02 pm

There is a stroker (263cc) crank at wrenchrabbit.com too. Just stumbled across it but I have seen no reports on it anywhere.
Back to top Go down
SuzukiDr

PostSubject: Re: athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit?   athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:47 am

Chief_Lee_Visceral wrote:
There is a stroker (263cc) crank at wrenchrabbit.com too. Just stumbled across it but I have seen no reports on it anywhere.

Does anyone have information about these stroker kits? Wondering if this would give added low end torque that the wr needs. Also does this hurt reliability?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit?   athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit? Empty

Back to top Go down

athena big bore kit with mpfab turbo kit?
Page 1 of 1