Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PC5 Installed, WOW!!

Go down 
+5
playwme
RT3856
usgpru27
X-Racer
WR250X
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WR250X

WR250X

PC5 Installed, WOW!! Empty
PostSubject: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:53 am

Just installed a Powercommender V today, pretty simple job, less than one hour to complete.

The bike already has a full graves header/can exhaust system.

PC5 got loaded with the Graves map and then installed, and off for the ride home from work

What a FREAKING BLAST!! This was the best bang for the buck toy to add to the WR250x that Ive found yet. Previous dealings with Powercommanders made me stick with them, and I highly recommend them to anyone considering a programmer

Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:15 am

I also had a positive experience with the PCIII on the R1 and the Wr. However I never had any real feedback from Wr tunings.

I'm not sure about the equivalency of the maps, but I'd be willing to look to see if they are somehow comparable.

Our Wr seems to pull really hard from about 6K up. ...but the throttle control is real nice (even) from about 2.5K up to 6K.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:58 pm

I was not so impressed with the Graves map. I only have the flapper stuck on my airbox but with the graves map it just did not pull at all.. I have the Leo with modified airbox and its pulls really nice. Little rich but trying to figure out the autotune. Have not been able to spend much time on it but I am sure the auto-tune will get it right.. What I need are some good AFR's to shoot toward. I cannot seem to see the AFR targets associated with the loaded maps.

What other mods do you have along with your graves?
Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:18 pm

usgpru27 wrote:

What other mods do you have along with your graves?

Just the graves exhaust. Which is exactly what the map was made for, exhaust alone. Stock air filter, no airbox mods whatsoever.

keep in mind, when Powercommander is making a map, they have a bike on a dyno, and they make the map tune specifically for the bike w/mods as listed in the notes
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:10 am

Exactly... Certainly that is why the Leo map was much better.. It really is amazing as to how much smoother the bike runs.
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:57 am

Got a PC V today.
easy to install.
Fired right up runs great.
Took for a short spin around the property and up the road a bit.
Raining like crazy but had to ride a bit.
Marked improvement. Glad it actually live up to what I read. PC5 Installed, WOW!! 379944 can't wait to ride in better weather.
Still a little hesitaion right off the bottom, but maybe it wasn't warmed up yet. Like I said raining like crazy, wore a life vest instead of body armor.
I am in the great Northwet PC5 Installed, WOW!! 805204
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 12:59 am

oh, I forgot to mention I have an 08 RR with the PC V
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:39 am

I always wondered about the cross-compatibility of PCV vs PCIII maps.

Not sure what you are running or where it came from, but send me yours and I'll see if there is a translation.

...and hoping I don't end-up through the glass in the neighbor's family room.
Back to top Go down
playwme

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:44 am

I fitted the PC3 yesterday to our X. The previous owner had pulled it and the pipe off to trade the bike in but still got offered a crap amount. Not sure what map is on there but it sure bloody works well. Took out all the little splutters and hesitations that plagued the bike (especially when cold) and gave it a massive improvement in midrange pull. Gave it a squirt over a small crest last night and the front wheel just came up with no effort whatsoever. Loving the change that simple little box made to the bike. Only took about 20 minutes to fit too.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Can you download the map ? I'd like to see the differences of what others have developed. IF it is different anyways.
Back to top Go down
WR250X

WR250X

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Took the airbox door off last weekend, ITS NEVER GOING BACK ON !!

what a difference it made with the proper map loaded!
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:15 am

I took my door off as well, on an otherwise stock bike. Yea, it's staying off. The sound though.... ugh. Ear plugs are a must for me. I wore them regularly anyway, but I got better ones with a higher NRR.

Still love the no-door setup though.
Back to top Go down
Marylucky

Marylucky

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:38 pm

RT3856 wrote:

I was said that the PC V work only on '09+ models and I need a PC III for my '08 ...

Is it true ?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:29 pm

Marylucky wrote:
RT3856 wrote:

I was said that the PC V work only on '09+ models and I need a PC III for my '08 ...

Is it true ?

PC-V will work on any and all model years or wr250r/x.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:00 pm

Marylucky wrote:
RT3856 wrote:

Is it true ?

As I understand it, there is no performance difference between the two. The only differences I am aware of is the PC V is smaller and allows you to install an autotuner / wideband O2 .

As previously mentioned, either will work.
Back to top Go down
Marylucky

Marylucky

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Chrispy1200 wrote:
Marylucky wrote:
RT3856 wrote:

Is it true ?

As I understand it, there is no performance difference between the two. The only differences I am aware of is the PC V is smaller and allows you to install an autotuner / wideband O2 .

As previously mentioned, either will work.

There is an exemple : it said : fit '09 to '11 models
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/511/2103/17741/all/1/9451/0/detail.aspx
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:51 pm

There is NO DIFFERENCE between an 08, 09, 10, or 11 wr250r/x

A PC-V will work on a 2008 model.

Period.

Many have done it. If you want the PC-V get it.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC5 Installed, WOW!!   PC5 Installed, WOW!! Empty

Back to top Go down

PC5 Installed, WOW!!
Page 1 of 1