Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Empty
PostSubject: So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:47 am

Last ride I was on I suddenly developed a highly annoying buzzing noise at a specific rpm level.

I knew it was nothing serious with the engine, but it was still something I NEEDED to fix.

Every chance I got I was grabbing something to see if the buzz would stop. Hard to do in traffic and with a helmet on.
I even removed headlight housing because it sounded like something coming from that area. Nothing seemed loose or potentially the problem.

So today, I rode my X around the neighborhood with no helmet and discovered the culprit.

On my clutch side, the clamp for the Zeta handguard was in need of some adjustment. It was amazing how loud that vibratiing BUUZZZZZZZZZZZZ was once I had no helmet on.

So - for quick reference, have you ever suddenly developed a highly annoying buzz from something rattling loose?
And if so, what was the offending part that needed adjustment?

Perhaps we can save somebody some needless searching about if we find that there's always some common problem.

Problem buzz: Zeta clamp on handlebar.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:17 am

I noticed on my bike, if I do not reinstall the left shroud (and that black plastic cover) carefully/properly, you will hear some noise. It took a while to figure out where it was coming from because I thought it was coming from the front somewhere.

Problem buzz: left shroud not reinstalled properly
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Bought an '08 with 9000km in feb.
Took it to dealer for full service, asked for the whole nine yards, as a precaution.
Bike was in great shape, barely used 606's and 13/52 sprockets.
Couldn't help but notice a slight clunk, when shifting at times.
I'm a noob...back at it after 20yrs, so wasn't till my first chain cleaning that i noticed the rear sprocket was loose...1/8 or more play back and forth!
Anywho, I just cranked it all tight (hope it was the right thing to do), and problem went away.
I know i was told to check for loose parts before every ride...guess they weren't kiddin! Lesson learnt.

Problem : Dealer service didn't properly tighten (or pick up) loose rear sprocket.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 6:05 am

52 teeth on rear?? NICE. thumb

It was loose? eeek

Holy hell.....did you find that after you took it to dealer for service?
Like right after?

I'd be very leery of going back to that dealer if that's the case.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:08 pm

ya...I had almost 250 km on it when it noticed. Assuming it was loose all along, but not sure I guess.
They are the only yammy dealer within an hour 15 minute drive.
Was definitely a surprise, hope there's no permanent damage.

...easy tweak on the chain guard and the 52 seems to work great, the whole bike in general as well.
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Had a rattle driving me nuts for the past few days. I could come to a complete stop, shake the bike around and hear a slow, rolling sort of rattle. Pulled the muffler off this afternoon to find that the tube on the silencer had broken off and fallen into the exhaust. Brought out my trusty "grabber" flex rod and voila, no more rattle.

Problem: broken silencer tube inside exhaust.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:32 am

Ushuaia Or Bust wrote:
Had a rattle driving me nuts for the past few days. I could come to a complete stop, shake the bike around and hear a slow, rolling sort of rattle. Pulled the muffler off this afternoon to find that the tube on the silencer had broken off and fallen into the exhaust. Brought out my trusty "grabber" flex rod and voila, no more rattle.

Don't you have a full Delta exhaust?

Seems odd that something would break off.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Ushuaia Or Bust

Ushuaia Or Bust

PostSubject: Re: So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am

motokid wrote:
Ushuaia Or Bust wrote:

Don't you have a full Delta exhaust?

Seems odd that something would break off.

Yeah I thought so too. The pipe didn't have any welds on it, so it must have just been stuck into the silencer portion. Not too concerned though. Actually happier now with the compromise it seemed to give between sound deadening and performance.
Back to top Go down
simmons1

simmons1

PostSubject: Re: So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Mine was coming from the bash plate. A few coats of rubberized undercoating on the inside of the plate and some rubber washers made the buzzzzzz go away hopefully for good.

Rich
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   annoying - So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Empty

Back to top Go down

So, You've Developed An Annoying BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Page 1 of 1