Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Old British Bikes of mine.

Go down 
+4
motokid
X-Racer
SheWolf
kbike
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kbike

kbike

Old British Bikes of mine. Empty
PostSubject: Old British Bikes of mine.   Old British Bikes of mine. EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 pm

I still have this 1969 Rickman Metisse-Triumph 650
Old British Bikes of mine. 248367727_NKiSN-M

Sold this one last year- 1974 Norton Commando Interstate
Old British Bikes of mine. 14607368_WY8Bn-L

Sold this one the year before- 1974 BSA B50MX
Old British Bikes of mine. 21422316_fFPKx-M

Here they are all together
Old British Bikes of mine. 14607371_ED9JX-L

This is NOT mine, I saw it at Sturgis
Old British Bikes of mine. 14734339_8dizc-M
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Old British Bikes of mine.   Old British Bikes of mine. EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Lol Mad Max bike! Very happy Wonderful bikes you have/had. Wow... eeek thumb

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Old British Bikes of mine.   Old British Bikes of mine. EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:04 am

Wow... That takes me back. My father's shop sold all of those.

The shop was the Norton Viller's (i.e. Norton Commandos) top sales on the west coast for seven consecutive years .

Didn't sell Triumph, which was covered by Ted Evans shop in Venice, CA at the time, but sold Metisse with Zundapp, Hodaka, Montesa, DKW and Westlake powerplants.

Shop closed in 72 so I never saw ( or go to ride) the 1974 B50 (Dick Mann Replica ?). ....but I did a lap on a 72 Paul Dunstall (Cafe Racer) edition.

I was also fortunate enough to have ridden all of the above but my favorite was my AJS y4 Stormer pictured here:

Old British Bikes of mine. Ajs660

Except mine was setup with the Stormers LTD (Morris Malone sponsors) downpipe.

I raced it (The Y4 - a right side shifter), and a DKW 125 (left side shifter) for the better part of two years straight. Try that in back-to-back races.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Old British Bikes of mine.   Old British Bikes of mine. EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 5:29 am

Dear lord...that Norton Commando is gorgeous. bow

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mash100

mash100

PostSubject: Re: Old British Bikes of mine.   Old British Bikes of mine. EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Being British, I see a lot of these restored things ridden around on Sunday afternoons. You can't help admire the hand finished chrome & all that stuff. BUT: thank the lord for modern Japanese engineering - riding one of these antiques on a daily basis must have been a nightmare!!
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Old British Bikes of mine.   Old British Bikes of mine. EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:50 pm

I ride a few dual sport rides in SoCalwith a bunch of old "Hotshoes" (slang for fast circle and TT track racers) on vintage bikes.

You cannot belive how fast these old (I'm talking 65-75) dudes go on old Matchless, AJS, Triumphs, Metisse, Cheny (sp ?) Triumphs as well as the 441 Victor type thumpers go across the desert

I can't remember their website but I'll find it and post it up if anyone wants to go, they can.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Old British Bikes of mine.   Old British Bikes of mine. EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:07 am

kbike wrote:

Sold this one last year- 1974 Norton Commando Interstate
Old British Bikes of mine. 14607368_WY8Bn-L
What handle bars did you have on that?

I'm still putting my 73 back together, the bars yours had look perfect for mine!
And yours looked very clean without turn signals... thumb
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Re: Old British Bikes of mine.   Old British Bikes of mine. EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Hater,
As near as I can remember, it's been a long long time, the bars were a Euro style street bar, 2" rise and fairly narrow width. They worked well with the rear-sets. I also made the passenger peg extensions that moved the pegs back and up for better foot clearance. I never liked the turn signals on Nortons and Triumphs, and we didn't need them in Colorado, so off they went.
Back to top Go down
lanerider

lanerider

PostSubject: Re: Old British Bikes of mine.   Old British Bikes of mine. EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:30 am

here in the uk these old bikes keep turning up out of barns and sheds
Back to top Go down
tracya

tracya

PostSubject: 63 BSA Lightning   Old British Bikes of mine. EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 3:17 pm

[url=Old British Bikes of mine. 63BSA Very fun bike to bomb around town on!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old British Bikes of mine.   Old British Bikes of mine. Empty

Back to top Go down

Old British Bikes of mine.
Page 1 of 1