Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Good or bad thing for Yamaha... No WRR's in stock!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rule292

Rule292

Good or bad thing for Yamaha...  No WRR's in stock! Empty
PostSubject: Good or bad thing for Yamaha... No WRR's in stock!   Good or bad thing for Yamaha...  No WRR's in stock! EmptySat May 07, 2011 6:40 pm

I've got the WR apart for the sprocket swap so I was out with the cager (well converible) rowing the gears and prowling bike shops all day and soaking up the sun.

Went to maybe 7 shops that were sizable yammy dealers in this half of the state and only one had a WR250R.. and it was a 2011. Even the local shop who has Yamaha there for the weekend doing demo rides had no WR250R's in stock.

I've been to all of these shops within the past 2 months looking at farkles and the like and every one of them had WR's in stock; at least 3 had 2008's left over.

So it appears that the bikes are flying of the sales floor thumb but the dealers aren't restocking them or Yammy isn't making them fast enough to fill the sales.

Luckily my garage and toybox is full and the toy fund empty or I could have come home with 30 grand worth of new bikes and that was with no stops at any hardly dealers. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: Good or bad thing for Yamaha... No WRR's in stock!   Good or bad thing for Yamaha...  No WRR's in stock! EmptySat May 07, 2011 7:03 pm

The closest dealer to me (State College) had one the last time I was there about a month or so ago. It was a 2008 X that was used as a demo model. I went to Camp hill to get mine back in 08. The were the closest dealer that had an R at the time.
Back to top Go down
TierHawg

PostSubject: Re: Good or bad thing for Yamaha... No WRR's in stock!   Good or bad thing for Yamaha...  No WRR's in stock! EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:23 pm

In case you missed the news a few months ago, Japan suffered from a couple different disasters. It could be related. :hmmm:
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: Good or bad thing for Yamaha... No WRR's in stock!   Good or bad thing for Yamaha...  No WRR's in stock! EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:07 pm

TierHawg wrote:
In case you missed the news a few months ago, Japan suffered from a couple different disasters. It could be related. :hmmm:

You might be on to something. Mebbe it only affected the Yammy plant that produces the WR tho.

I was lookin for the new Honda CBR250 and there seemed to be a plethora of them. Ditto for the rest of Yammy line of bikes. No inventory shortage in the rest of the family.

Hertz, I was in the Philly area over to York/Lancaster... Nice selection of KTM's at the dealer in Lancaster.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Good or bad thing for Yamaha... No WRR's in stock!   Good or bad thing for Yamaha...  No WRR's in stock! EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:12 pm

TierHawg wrote:

ding ding ding...its affecting all of the big four Japan bike companies getting bikes out. I read something about it recently on one of the bike magazine sites.
Back to top Go down
Rule292

Rule292

PostSubject: Re: Good or bad thing for Yamaha... No WRR's in stock!   Good or bad thing for Yamaha...  No WRR's in stock! EmptySun May 08, 2011 7:53 pm

DougZ wrote:
TierHawg wrote:

ding ding ding...its affecting all of the big four Japan bike companies getting bikes out. I read something about it recently on one of the bike magazine sites.

With that in mind it's probably not a bad idea to stock up on those filters and consumables...
Back to top Go down
Dave Bell

Dave Bell

PostSubject: I got mine....   Good or bad thing for Yamaha...  No WRR's in stock! EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:01 pm

I was going to buy a KLx250 and could not find one. Found a used one, then reread a comparative test in Motorcycle Consumer News and decided not to compromise. Found a 2008 30 miles from home, for right at $5K brand new. I could not be happier with the bike. Have ordered handguards, rear rack, seat, and skid plate based on advice from this board. Will post a picture when it is farkled. Will be heading for Creede Colorado in late August and early september, to look at some sections of the CDT I missed last year. wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good or bad thing for Yamaha... No WRR's in stock!   Good or bad thing for Yamaha...  No WRR's in stock! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good or bad thing for Yamaha... No WRR's in stock!
Page 1 of 1