Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Is aftermarket plastic as good as stock?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motocrossmann

Is aftermarket plastic as good as stock? Empty
PostSubject: Is aftermarket plastic as good as stock?   Is aftermarket plastic as good as stock? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 12:07 pm

It has been awhile since I've purchased plastic for a dirt bike, like 15 years... Does the aftermarket stuff match the factory colors perfectly? What brand should I go with?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Is aftermarket plastic as good as stock?   Is aftermarket plastic as good as stock? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:25 pm

motocrossmann wrote:
It has been awhile since I've purchased plastic for a dirt bike, like 15 years... Does the aftermarket stuff match the factory colors perfectly? What brand should I go with?

It depends on the brand... in the case of our bikes all of the plastics sets you're likely to find are OEM. The different colors are from different years.

There is one japanese company that makes aftermarket side panels... but none of us actually have them yet.
Back to top Go down
pkbinder

PostSubject: Aftermarket plastics   Is aftermarket plastic as good as stock? EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:20 pm

I recently ordered black plastic from Wheeling Supply. It looks great and fits just fine. The only thing is that it doesn't come with the foam stuff that is on the original parts. A trip to Home Depot solved my problem. Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is aftermarket plastic as good as stock?   Is aftermarket plastic as good as stock? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is aftermarket plastic as good as stock?
Page 1 of 1