Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear Brake lever

Go down 
+3
Tammy
09wrx
DougZ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DougZ

DougZ

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:07 pm

rear brake lever?

I bent mine today. Do any companies make a replacement??
Back to top Go down
09wrx

09wrx

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Should be fairly easy to straighten.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySat May 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Yeah, I am gonna try that first. But a lot of the time these levers bend once, you try to bend them back and they break. Hopefully that will not happen.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Doug for 7.00 you can keep it from bending next time
Brake saver
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:19 pm

The lever itself didn't bend. Just the tab where your foot presses on.
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:26 pm

What did he hit?? It's all sand down there or is the sand growing and turning into rocks
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:29 pm

He said a tree stump. But he's always behind me so I didn't see it. amazon
Back to top Go down
Tammy

Tammy

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySat May 14, 2011 10:30 pm

lurk
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:05 am

Tammy wrote:
What did he hit?? It's all sand down there or is the sand growing and turning into rocks

LOL...its not a desert down here...not just all sand..there is plenty of stuff to hit..trees, stumps, junk, some rocks, etc.

trav72 wrote:
He said a tree stump. But he's always behind me so I didn't see it. amazon

Funny. I am not always behind you...you mess up enough corners, I get by. Very happy And yesterday, I was right near you for most of the day. Being in front is only a couple weekends away.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySun May 15, 2011 9:29 am

DougZ wrote:

Funny. I am not always behind you...you mess up enough corners, I get by. Very happy And yesterday, I was right near you for most of the day. Being in front is only a couple weekends away.

I only mess up the corner because the guy I'm following decides to turn after the turn. You're back far enough you have plenty of time make the turn. Very happy Tell you what, I'll lead and we'll see how long you can stay right behind me. deal
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:03 am

trav72 wrote:
DougZ wrote:

I only mess up the corner because the guy I'm following decides to turn after the turn. You're back far enough you have plenty of time make the turn. Very happy Tell you what, I'll lead and we'll see how long you can stay right behind me. deal

I'll take that challenge. For it is easier to follow than lead. thumb Very happy
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:04 am

Deal! deal
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Pics

The end piece, is held on with a large pin or rivet, if you will. Looks like they planned it that way. if this piece breaks, a bolt could easily be put through that exact hole.

I did what I could to bend it back. I was getting the feeling if I hammered on it anymore, the whole thing was gonna break. I had another piece of metal bent up to add over it and make it wider, but could be it being an issue with hitting the rear brake with out trying to.

Before:
Rear Brake lever Lever1
Rear Brake lever Lever2

After:
Rear Brake lever Lever3
Rear Brake lever Lever4

Not a huge difference, but you actually do notice it when you are used to the contact point being a little closer outboard.

I also took out the waterproof grease and coated the shaft of the shoulder bolt, before installing the brake lever again...there was no grease left on there.
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Tammy wrote:
Doug for 7.00 you can keep it from bending next time
Brake saver

Any pics?

And how does this help when you fall on the right side, and bend the brake pedal inward?

TIA
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySun May 15, 2011 6:49 pm

What type of skid plate do you have? I have the Flatlands and it seems to stick out just far enough where it will protect the brake lever a little.
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptySun May 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Midnite171 wrote:
What type of skid plate do you have? I have the Flatlands and it seems to stick out just far enough where it will protect the brake lever a little.

I have the Flatlands skidplate as well. it did not seem to help in this instance.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Brake Lever   Rear Brake lever EmptyWed May 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks for reminding me how annoying a bent brake lever can be--picked up a spare today on ebay to carry on my TAT this summer......
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:49 am

LOL..you got that one that was on there for $36? I was gonna get it, but thought it was too much for used.
Back to top Go down
Akasy

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Brake Lever   Rear Brake lever EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:16 am

wink Nope the one I got was $27. I took out two brake levers on long rides, one on an XT350 and one on a DR650 both ended up being "U" shaped GAHHHH I also made a "U" shaped shift lever on a CRF at Moab one year---all of them done on rocks, two in deep snow. Anyway have tried to carry a shift lever and brake lever since when I'm doing long rides--your post made me remember that I had not acquired one for the WRR.

DougZ wrote:
LOL..you got that one that was on there for $36? I was gonna get it, but thought it was too much for used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear Brake lever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear Brake lever   Rear Brake lever Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear Brake lever
Page 1 of 1