Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Trouble fittng GYTR pipe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
snakeears

Trouble fittng GYTR pipe Empty
PostSubject: Trouble fittng GYTR pipe   Trouble fittng GYTR pipe EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Has anyone here had trouble fitting a GYTR pipe, I am finding the subframe fixing points dont line up, they are out by 3-4 mm
Back to top Go down
Sproat Sport

PostSubject: Re: Trouble fittng GYTR pipe   Trouble fittng GYTR pipe EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Are you sure you got the header gasket set in properly? My pipe was a little out of alignment too...but then I went back and re-worked the gasket a bit...thought it was set right at first but it wasn't. Once I had that set properly everything else fell into place. Then I was able to the twist the pipe properly to line up bang-on with the mounting points.

Back to top Go down
snakeears

PostSubject: Re: Trouble fittng GYTR pipe   Trouble fittng GYTR pipe EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:19 pm

The instructions tell me It doesn't use a gasket, the factory gasket is attached to the pipe and the new one is not supplied with one, for the moment I have got the pipe attached up near the seat and have put the lower bolt just into the pipe, the tension is holding it to the subframe. it seams secure at the moment, if it moves around I might have to file out the hole a bit, the pipe sounds awesome but.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: Trouble fittng GYTR pipe   Trouble fittng GYTR pipe EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Strange.... Mine came with one if I recall correctly, but I simply used the OEM gasket.

Slipped it on, everything aligned perfectly.

Installed and tuned the PCIII and off we went.

Did you check to see if the new one wasn't already IN the pipe ?

I would assume a real estate issue would exist if both are installed.
Back to top Go down
snakeears

PostSubject: Re: Trouble fittng GYTR pipe   Trouble fittng GYTR pipe EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Thats interesting, the Aussie WR has an O2 sensor that attaches mid pipe and the pipe has a tight fit to the header with no room to use a gasket, I am assuming its different to US or Euro models.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble fittng GYTR pipe   Trouble fittng GYTR pipe Empty

Back to top Go down

Trouble fittng GYTR pipe
Page 1 of 1