Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

stock front sprocket wear

Go down 
+3
skierd
motokid
wristpin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wristpin

stock front sprocket wear Empty
PostSubject: stock front sprocket wear   stock front sprocket wear EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:49 pm

How does this look? This was when I had around 8,000 miles on my R. The rear sprocket looked o.k, and the chain was getting low on adjustment. I never noticed the front sprocket with that plastic guard on it, so I assumed it was o.k till one day I was getting some slipping when throttle was applied. I always ran the chain tension according to spec.stock front sprocket wear Dscn0732
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: stock front sprocket wear   stock front sprocket wear EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Holy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some slip???? poser2 poser2

good

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: stock front sprocket wear   stock front sprocket wear EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:22 pm

This might be the best endorsement for Ivan's sprocket cover and case saver yet. thumb Out of sight means out of mind... means out of sprocket! poser2

Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: stock front sprocket wear   stock front sprocket wear EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Holy shit...might make a cheap shuriken... Very happy

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: stock front sprocket wear   stock front sprocket wear EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Good lord! I didn't even think that was possible! Maintenance fail.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: stock front sprocket wear   stock front sprocket wear EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Bah.
Run it for a few more thousand! Very happy
Back to top Go down
Vonmeister

Vonmeister

PostSubject: Re: stock front sprocket wear   stock front sprocket wear EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Actually, my front sprocket looks exactly like this after just completing a 1855 mile ride around Lake Superior. Crossed the boarder from Canada into MN and suddenly she started to slip. I kept tightening the chain to keep going and reached the Twin Cities but just barely. I tightened and lubed the chain constantly on this trip, so I am not sure what went wrong, but I am keeping the sprocket as a token of my trip as it is so freaking crazy looking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stock front sprocket wear   stock front sprocket wear Empty

Back to top Go down

stock front sprocket wear
Page 1 of 1