Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

How to change WRR front sprocket

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sensor419

How to change WRR front sprocket Empty
PostSubject: How to change WRR front sprocket   How to change WRR front sprocket EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:17 pm

I would appreciate some input and direction on how to change out the front sprocket on a WRR. The shop says with the part and labor the cost will be $80-90. If I can do it myself I would like to do so. I don't see a step by step posting on this site so if there is one please help me find it. I also need to make sure I have all the right tools. I have not worked a lot on motorcycles and want to do it correctly. I want to change over from the stock 13 tooth to a 12 tooth using the stock chain and rear sprocket. Can someone help me? Thanks
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: How to change WRR front sprocket   How to change WRR front sprocket EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:44 pm

3 small bolts hold sprocket cover on. Remove those.

Large nut holds front sprocket on. Remove that. Stand on rear brake side of bike. Place one foot on rear brake lever. Lean over seat and pull on wrench to loosen sprocket bolt. Brake lever pressure will keep rear wheel from spinning.

After replacing sprocket, and replacing nut, you'll need to adjust chain. See a sticky at this forum about that process.

It's really that simple.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
sensor419

PostSubject: Re: How to change WRR front sprocket   How to change WRR front sprocket EmptyTue May 07, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks motokid
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: How to change WRR front sprocket   How to change WRR front sprocket EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:18 pm

8mm socket for the three small bolts and a 27mm socket for the sprocket nut. Should take 5mins to do. I change back and forth between the 13t and 12t often depending on where I am riding.
Back to top Go down
sensor419

PostSubject: Re: How to change WRR front sprocket   How to change WRR front sprocket EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks for the socket sizes. Glad to hear it is a pretty easy change over. I am looking forward to seeing how it affects the performance.
Back to top Go down
bambo

bambo

PostSubject: Re: How to change WRR front sprocket   How to change WRR front sprocket EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down
sensor419

PostSubject: Re: How to change WRR front sprocket   How to change WRR front sprocket EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:12 pm

Thanks bamboo. You guys are great. Really appreciate the responses with great information. The 12 tooth sprocket is on its way to me. I will let you know what I think about the ride after install.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to change WRR front sprocket   How to change WRR front sprocket Empty

Back to top Go down

How to change WRR front sprocket
Page 1 of 1