Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Cheap Speedometer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mordicai

Cheap Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Speedometer   Cheap Speedometer EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:31 pm

I use my ass to decide weather I want to go slower or faster and not my Speedometer which is probably about 14% off ( 13X45). My question is, is my odometer also 14% off or ???
Back to top Go down
millert85

Cheap Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Speedometer   Cheap Speedometer EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:07 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
mordicai

Cheap Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Speedometer   Cheap Speedometer EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Thank you Millert
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

Cheap Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Speedometer   Cheap Speedometer EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:57 am

mordicai wrote:
I use my ass to decide weather I want to go slower or faster and not my Speedometer which is probably about 14% off ( 13X45). My question is, is my odometer also 14% off or ???

Good question! I just changed back to a 13 from a 12 and added a new rear 48T. My speedo is off 12mph
at 74, but my odometer was only off .6 miles on a 56 mile ride that I did on Sat. All this is according to my GPS, Speedo/GPS 74/62 mph and 56.3/55.7 miles. dunno

Cheap Speedometer CIMG2782-M
Back to top Go down
millert85

Cheap Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Speedometer   Cheap Speedometer EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:05 am

someone will be able to jump in with the numbers, but it is noted around here that the speedo and odo are incorrect from the factory (due to factory error allowances which make the speedo read higher than real speed), but the error is not consistant between the 2. ie. you can fix one or the other, not both.

as can see from your sprocket juggling .6m over 56miles is bee's pube close and prob the difference in the gps logging to actual wheel travel, but you still have 12mph speedo error.

i think personally if the odo is reading under, i'd fix the speedo so i have the faster reacting bike speedo. if the odo reads high, fix odo to slow up milage for resale.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Cheap Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Speedometer   Cheap Speedometer EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:23 am

mordicai wrote:
My question is, is my odometer also 14% off or ???

Are you asking about your ass odometer?

God help us all.......... get the f out

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mordicai

Cheap Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Speedometer   Cheap Speedometer EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:03 am

[quote="kbike"]
mordicai wrote:

Good question! I just changed back to a 13 from a 12 and added a new rear 48T. My speedo is off 12mph
at 74, but my odometer was only off .6 miles on a 56 mile ride that I did on Sat. All this is according to my GPS, Speedo/GPS 74/62 mph and 56.3/55.7 miles. dunno

Cheap Speedometer CIMG2782-M[/quo

I've read this before, that the two are NOT the same, thus the reason for my question. Seems that logic would indicate that they should be the same, but apparently not.
Back to top Go down
millert85

Cheap Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Speedometer   Cheap Speedometer EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:08 am

its to do with the speedo error built in at the factory. the speedo is made to reader higher, but the odo is made to be close as possible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cheap Speedometer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheap Speedometer   Cheap Speedometer Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap Speedometer
Page 1 of 1