Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Front brake buzzing sound

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rc23

rc23

Front brake buzzing sound Empty
PostSubject: Front brake buzzing sound   Front brake buzzing sound EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:16 am

Just installed new pads and stainless line up front. Everything is torqued, nothing is rubbing. While trying to break in the pads i noticed a buzzing sound coming from the front caliper. It's rotation based as it slows down when I do. Don't see anything wearing funny or notice any isssues.

Any ideas?

Back to top Go down
0007onWR

0007onWR

PostSubject: Re: Front brake buzzing sound   Front brake buzzing sound EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:56 am

It's not unusual to hear that, air is trapped in the vent holes of the disc as they pass into the pads and makes a whirr noise
It might change with time or might not depending on the pad material
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front brake buzzing sound   Front brake buzzing sound EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:05 am

I get this too with my Warp9 wheels (no dampener). But only in the front. Anyone else have suggestions?
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Front brake buzzing sound   Front brake buzzing sound EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:20 am

I've been riding the piss out of my bike since posting this and still get the noise. No clue what it is but it's not hurting anything. Have raced the bike a few times too and the Vesrahs are holding up nicely.
I didn't notice it with the stock pads but race pads def increase the noise volume. No marks on the rotor though.

Oh well. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front brake buzzing sound   Front brake buzzing sound EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:06 am

I took a look at the Warp9 wheels yesterday and noticed that they are Solidly Bolted to the hub, where as the OEM are Floating (or semi-floating depending on who you ask). Could the fact that they're bolted cause humming. It makes sense that it would facilitate resonance during braking.
dunno
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Front brake buzzing sound   Front brake buzzing sound EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 am

I doubt it. Their is a huge mis-conception as to what "floating rotors" are on here. Our front rotor is NOT floating. I have floating rotors on my 600's and they shake and rattle like shit - bc they're supposed to :)

Regardless - I don't see it causing any issues. I think the design on the oem rotor face causing the noise.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Front brake buzzing sound   Front brake buzzing sound EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:30 am

My OEM Rotors dont resonate when I brake, it's only my Warp9 wheels (and the rotors they supplied) that hummm. I believe it to be because they're solidly bolted to the hub.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

PostSubject: Re: Front brake buzzing sound   Front brake buzzing sound EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:47 am

Ahhhh - i thought you meant the stock rotor on the warp 9 wheels.

That could be a totally different issue. Are the pads biting good or are they skipping?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Front brake buzzing sound   Front brake buzzing sound EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:16 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. When I go out for the Tuesday hooligan rides I'm one of the few who's bike doesn't make that noise from the front brake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front brake buzzing sound   Front brake buzzing sound Empty

Back to top Go down

Front brake buzzing sound
Page 1 of 1