Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fender eliminator kits HELP!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mike7296

fender eliminator kits HELP! Empty
PostSubject: fender eliminator kits HELP!   fender eliminator kits HELP! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:27 am

OK..... What is the best way to do this????? dunno I have a clean slate ( 2011 brand new ) what is the best and right way to cut it off? Buy the after market kits or do it yourself? Please post some photos to that may help. thank you
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: fender eliminator kits HELP!   fender eliminator kits HELP! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:24 pm

Save your money, I did this just today actually and used all existing hardware. Its very straight forward and you only have to drill 2 1/4 holes to mount the state inspection plate to the bike. I didn't install blinkers but could very easily but there not required.

fender eliminator kits HELP! WRrear

fender eliminator kits HELP! WRunder

fender eliminator kits HELP! WRFender
Back to top Go down
cuban11182

PostSubject: Re: fender eliminator kits HELP!   fender eliminator kits HELP! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:07 pm

What is that, sheetmetal?
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: fender eliminator kits HELP!   fender eliminator kits HELP! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:13 pm

cuban11182 wrote:
What is that, sheetmetal?

I think its aluminum. Came on the bike in Texas,gives you something to put the inspection sticker on, you can buy one at any dealer for 3 bucks.

Back to top Go down
mike7296

PostSubject: Re: fender eliminator kits HELP!   fender eliminator kits HELP! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 pm

That looks great!! Did you cut the blinker wires or tuck and zip tie them
Back to top Go down
mike7296

PostSubject: Re: fender eliminator kits HELP!   fender eliminator kits HELP! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Also love the mirrors what did you do there how is the view or is it just for inspection. Lol
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: fender eliminator kits HELP!   fender eliminator kits HELP! EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:36 pm

I did clip the blinker wires but with several inches of lead so I can hook a set up. For now they are just tucked in and zip tied.

The mirrors are a set of bar end mirrors that I just took the spacer out of and they are 7/8's, and they are very functional. I actually bought them locally at Cycle Gear. $30 bucks on sale.
Back to top Go down
skidmarx

skidmarx

PostSubject: Re: fender eliminator kits HELP!   fender eliminator kits HELP! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 pm

MotoKirby wrote:
Save your money, I did this just today actually and used all existing hardware. Its very straight forward and you only have to drill 2 1/4 holes to mount the state inspection plate to the bike. I didn't install blinkers but could very easily but there not required.

fender eliminator kits HELP! WRrear
+ 1
Just did this, and it worked out nicely.
I had to oval out the holes in the light bracket a tiny bit to match up with the weld nuts on the frame.
Used a piece of 1/8(maybe 3/16) aluminum that I bent up for the plate bracket. It wasn't quite as long as I'd have liked, but it's what I had and it worked.
The only thing I did different is that my bracket extends up to the subframe in front of where the wires go into the light. I did this to protect that area from Roost. There is also an unused weldnut that I was able to attach the bracket to. Bending up that part was a PITA, but if I had more material it would have been easier.
fender eliminator kits HELP! IMG00089-20110824-1139

fender eliminator kits HELP! IMG00088-20110824-1138
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fender eliminator kits HELP!   fender eliminator kits HELP! Empty

Back to top Go down

fender eliminator kits HELP!
Page 1 of 1