Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fat bar - total newbe question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

fat bar - total newbe question Empty
PostSubject: fat bar - total newbe question   fat bar - total newbe question EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi,

fat bar - what is it good for?

I know the aluminum aftermarket bars are less prone to bending when subjected to "misguided perception of one's talent" but whats the advantage of the 1 1/8 bar over the 7/8?
Back to top Go down
00PowderSpecial

PostSubject: Re: fat bar - total newbe question   fat bar - total newbe question EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 1:37 pm

I bought mine for the looks, doesn't look nearly as dinky.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: fat bar - total newbe question   fat bar - total newbe question EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 8:22 pm

When these first came out, and the Pro Taper bar from around 1990 is the first one I remember, the idea was to combine greater strength and resistance to being bent in a crash with still being able to flex some while riding over rough terrain and help absorb some of the impacts.
Back to top Go down
simonpig

simonpig

PostSubject: Re: fat bar - total newbe question   fat bar - total newbe question EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Beyond lookes. Its stiffer and stronger and doesn't require a crossbar. That is an advantage and a disadvantage. If you have a stiff frame (aluminum) and stiff suspension, the bar isn't going to flex as much and will transfer all that roughness to your body. The flex doesn't necessarily mean they are that much weaker since the crossbar adds stability. A good quality 7/8 handles stress differently from oversized bars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fat bar - total newbe question   fat bar - total newbe question Empty

Back to top Go down

fat bar - total newbe question
Page 1 of 1