Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fender Eliminator

Go down 
+5
MeefZah
King Wolf
tjohnson
SheWolf
mx284
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mx284

mx284

rear fender - Fender Eliminator Empty
PostSubject: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Just got done making this eliminator using the stock lights, bracket and some aluminum......
Let me know what you guys/girls think about my first attempt at fabrication (2days worth)

rear fender - Fender Eliminator Wr250r02

rear fender - Fender Eliminator Wr250r04
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Nice job! thumb It integrates seamlessly! What else are you thinking of doing?

mx284

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanks, suprisingly NO blood letting in the making of it cheers

I think the next thing is a power programmer followed by AIS and airbox/flapper removal, 2 teeth up in the rear, then.......
How are you liking that Attitude Ind. pp you put on??
What would you give it from 1-10. 1 being no increase to 10 being night and day difference??
BTW....love the paw print cut outs thumb
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Oh man...a solid 10! That tuner has made a noticeable difference all the way through the band. The throttle flow is much smoother, I've got a noticeable pull on the bottom end and it seems that I'm going a bit longer on a tank...and that's been riding 2-up this time around! eeek A couple of guys over at ADV went on my recommendation and have ordered them up for their bikes as well. The owner /developer is gonna be sending me some decals and stuff for sending him some business. If this thing runs this good with the programmer, I can't imagine what this thing'll be like with a can! thumb

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:29 am

I actually got my Attitude programmer yesterday (I am only 300 miles away from them)... but I haven't had a chance to put it on yet... hopefully this weekend... then I will try and post some results as well. wink
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:55 am

Hey great job on the eliminating process...
Do you guys know where you can pick up some cheap tail light( i think they call them DRZ light setup) setup? The ones that are small and practiclay right on the fender so that if you dump the bike you dont break the tail lights?
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:29 pm

Looks good.

King Wolf, you mean the DRC Edge, available at Wheeling Cycle (link in the advertising above the home page). It's $80 so I wouldn't rate it as "cheap"...
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:25 pm

King Wolf wrote:
ones that are small and practiclay right on the fender so that if you dump the bike you dont break the tail lights?

To clarify, are you talking breaking the tail light or the turn signals?

On a related note, I'm still running the stock turnsignals. I recall someone saying they pop off, when the bike goes down, as to not break. Then you just push them back into place. Is that correct? I've not dumped mine in such a way that I've found out first hand, yet. Plus, I didn't want to just grab onto them and yank, in case that info wasn't right. I wouldn't fee real bright breaking a signal in that way. Also, if they are break-away, I imagine they loosen up with each pop-off, so will save that up for the real deal rather than popping them off just for kicks.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:47 pm

They install by "popping" in but they will break off, trust me.
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:48 pm

MeefZah wrote:
They install by "popping" in but they will break off, trust me.

Lolz yes.
First time around cracked the plastic where they "pop into" Still works thou.
Second time around the other side (muffler side) did "pop out". I figured I would pop it back in next stop. Wrong, should have done it right there because it is so easy to do. Burnt the hell out of the underside on the muffler. Still works thou. poser2
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptySat May 30, 2009 1:57 am

MeefZah wrote:
Looks good.

King Wolf, you mean the DRC Edge, available at Wheeling Cycle (link in the advertising above the home page). It's $80 so I wouldn't rate it as "cheap"...

Um mabye...i am not sure.
I just remember reading somewhere where it say they bought DRZ(i am pretty sure he said) Tail light/blinkers(turn signals) assembly.
That look like this.
So i dont know if that is the same as the DRC ones(I dont think they are...but)

rear fender - Fender Eliminator Turn_s10

Well this is not the same one i found earlier but i cant remember which thread i found it in.

Here is the DRC one you are talking about

rear fender - Fender Eliminator Fu9gIgyh0ngAAAbowLsAAAAA-22761

Chad i am mostly talking about the turn signals(but i dont know if it is one whole assembly or not) but yeah i am mostly worry about the turn signals getting ripped off when i wreck.

Hope cheap do you think the DRC ones are?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:38 am

The top one is a DRC. I have DRC signals on mine and they fit flush with my fender eliminator...if they come off it'll take the fender eliminator off with it.

ZED

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Chadx wrote:
I recall someone saying they pop off, when the bike goes down, as to not break. Then you just push them back into place. Is that correct?

It likely depends upon the dump, but when I dumped mine a few weeks ago in a low speed oops on the pavement one light popped out, but then popped back in.

The cracked ribs have taken a few more weeks, but are well on the mend. thumb
Back to top Go down
zdenton

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:45 pm

Can you give some detailed instructions on how you carried out this modification? Zac
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fender Eliminator   rear fender - Fender Eliminator Empty

Back to top Go down

Fender Eliminator
Page 1 of 1