Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sargent seat for wrr/x

Go down 
+9
Arkmage
migrant
Rapid Dog
mototifosi
jaherbst
sturgeon
deerHater
skierd
rydnseek
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

Sargent seat for wrr/x Empty
PostSubject: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:25 am

One of my riding buddies from Florida wrote me about his new seat.. a Sargent. Evidently they now carry them for the WR. I don't remember if anyone has posted a link or used them before, but he wanted me to mention it on the forum. Here it is!

I haven't ridden on it, yet, but he seems pretty happy with it. Here is what he said in his email to me:

"Sargents used my WR to make up a more comfortable seat, just picked it up this morning.
Much wider, lite, and fits perfect."

http://www.sargentcycle.com/yamwswr.htm
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:42 pm

I've been eyeing it, not quite ready to pull the trigger though
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:21 pm

I've got about 2,000 kms on my Sargent seat on my X.

So far I really like it. I like that the very front is as narrow as the original, but it is much wider starting about 1/4 of the way back, so the last 3/4 (lengthwise) is much wider. It's also nicely shaped, unlike the stock Yamaha seat that feels like an overstuffed 2 x 4.
I'll put another 1,000 on it next weekend. And the seat height at the front is the same as stock, NOT dished lower.

This is my third bike with a Sargent seat, and I've like them all.
But they are very firm seats, not cushy. So although they feel harsh on bumpy roads, for me they're good all-day seats.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:46 pm

deerHater wrote:

So far I really like it. I like that the very front is as narrow as the original, but it is much wider starting about 1/4 of the way back, so the last 3/4 (lengthwise) is much wider. It's also nicely shaped, unlike the stock Yamaha seat that feels like an overstuffed 2 x 4.
I'll put another 1,000 on it next weekend. And the seat height at the front is the same as stock, NOT dished lower.

But they are very firm seats, not cushy. So although they feel harsh on bumpy roads, for me they're good all-day seats.
I've got over 3,000 kms on the Sargent now.

A couple of weekends ago 8 different riders took my WR250X, with Sargent seat, out for rides on bumpy roads.
All were experienced riders (over 200 years total!) All had fun on the bike.
When asked about the seat all said the shape was great, but that it's very HARD.

Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:38 pm

Apparently all Sargent seats are on sale this month.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:55 pm

deerHater wrote:
deerHater wrote:

A couple of weekends ago 8 different riders took my WR250X, with Sargent seat, out for rides on bumpy roads.
When asked about the seat all said the shape was great, but that it's very HARD.

I find the hardness is a fine trade-off to get the extra width and the flatness. I've done several long days on mine and find it way comfier than stock.
Back to top Go down
jaherbst

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 12:59 am

sturgeon wrote:
deerHater wrote:
deerHater wrote:

I find the hardness is a fine trade-off to get the extra width and the flatness. I've done several long days on mine and find it way comfier than stock.

Did you get the matching Yamaha blue welt? If so would you recomend it.

Jack
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:32 am

jaherbst wrote:
Did you get the matching Yamaha blue welt? If so would you recomend it.

I did not (I have a black WR-X)

Mine is the 'All topstich (no welt)' version. I really like the 'no welt' look, very 'clean.'

Back to top Go down
jaherbst

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:47 am

rydnseek wrote:
One of my riding buddies from Florida wrote me about his new seat.. a Sargent. Evidently they now carry them for the WR. I don't remember if anyone has posted a link or used them before, but he wanted me to mention it on the forum. Here it is!

I haven't ridden on it, yet, but he seems pretty happy with it. Here is what he said in his email to me:

"Sargents used my WR to make up a more comfortable seat, just picked it up this morning.
Much wider, lite, and fits perfect."

http://www.sargentcycle.com/yamwswr.htm

Just had my 3.1 gallon tank installed. The seat now has a 1 inch gap on the bottom side from the fairings. I have a seat on order from Sargent and hope the gap is not worse or I do not have problems installing it.

Anyone else have the Sargent seat and the 3.1 gallon combination?

Jack
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:01 am

jaherbst wrote:
Just had my 3.1 gallon tank installed. The seat now has a 1 inch gap on the bottom side from the fairings. I have a seat on order from Sargent and hope the gap is not worse or I do not have problems installing it.

Jack
I have the Sargent seat and IMS 3.1 gal gas tank. No installation problems.

I think there may be a little gap as you mentionned (I'll check when I get home.)
Not really an issue for me, because my bike, tank and seat are all black. And I care much more about function than I do form with this bike.
Back to top Go down
mototifosi

PostSubject: Pictures?   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:06 am

As you know...it didn't really happen or you don't really have it with out picture proof! dddog
Back to top Go down
jaherbst

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:35 am

deerHater wrote:
jaherbst wrote:

Jack
I have the Sargent seat and IMS 3.1 gal gas tank. No installation problems.

I think there may be a little gap as you mentionned (I'll check when I get home.)
Not really an issue for me, because my bike, tank and seat are all black. And I care much more about function than I do form with this bike.

Sarget seat is now installed; first inpressions--not impressed--looks great but due to harder foam density (rock hard) you sit on top and not in the seat as the OEM seat. Also you will be at least on inch higher due to the hard seat and no give or settling into. Some difficulty installing and getting to mounting holes to match up. Wieghting, pushing,shoving but did finally get it mounted. I must add that I have a IMS 3.1 gal tank and this extends rearward slightly more than the stock 1.9 gal tank so the problem was not the fit of the new Sargent seat but the combination It is doable. With this combination you will have a 1 inch gap between tank and seat at the front.

With this combination I feel like I am riding higher 1+ inch due to setting on top and not in the seat. Stock seat allows you to settle down or into the seat 1+ inch. I am 225lbs and do not expect to ever settle into the Sargent seat and always on top of it. For this reason I will keep my new stock seat for a while for offroad riding. It will give me a lot better riding performance offroad because of the settling into it verses the riding on top of for better control.

At this point I think I could have spent my $351 more wisely. i.e. modify my Oem seat and keep the less dense foam for a settling into feel instead of a riding on top of feeling.

Jack
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:05 pm

...IMHO, best bang for the buck is Seat Concepts. About $160 will get you a near-custom fit saddle.
They have both a high and low version as well...
Tell'em Rapid sent ya... wink

Sargent seat for wrr/x 20597255
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:31 pm

What I like best about the Sargent seat is the wider base at the rear (back 2/3 or 3/4 of seat.)
It gives better edge support for the wider than stock rear part of the seat (when you want to slide back.)

But I do find the Sargent foam a bit too hard for this application, especially the narrower front 1/3 of the seat.

I love the shape of the new seat, but a bit softer foam would make it better.
Back to top Go down
migrant

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 10:15 pm

I pulled the trigger on a Sargent today. Wanted to take advantage of the 20% off sale before it ends. $300 shipped, 30 day money back.
Back to top Go down
jaherbst

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:25 am

migrant wrote:
I pulled the trigger on a Sargent today. Wanted to take advantage of the 20% off sale before it ends. $300 shipped, 30 day money back.

I just paid $351 three weeks ago. This does not make me feel good! No one at Sargent mentioned a twenty percent sale coming up.

Jack
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:54 pm

jaherbst wrote:
migrant wrote:
I just paid $351 three weeks ago. This does not make me feel good! No one at Sargent mentioned a twenty percent sale coming up.
Send Sargent a polite email asking for a refund for the difference.
Back to top Go down
jaherbst

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:49 am

deerHater wrote:
jaherbst wrote:
migrant wrote:
Send Sargent a polite email asking for a refund for the difference.

I called Sargent and they denied that they sold you the seat for $300 shipped. I did the math and this is what it amounts to. $349 (no welt) mius 20% equals $279.30 plus $20.00 for shipping comes to $299.30. So you are correct. If I would have bought mine in December it would be $369 (with welt) minus 20% equals $295.30 plus $20 for shipping for a totle of $315.30.

Three weeks ago when I bought mine they were offering 5% off and free shipping or $351. If they would have mentioned their sale in Dec. of course I would have waited for a week or two. Remember timing is everything.

dddog Jack
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:14 pm

the website says 20% gift certificates for future purchases... doesn't say anything about 20% off all purchases made in December. Me thinks someone made a mistake if they gave him a 20% discount on the seat.
Back to top Go down
migrant

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 pm

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=748626&highlight=sargent

No mistake. Good until 12/23. Call them if you're in doubt.
Back to top Go down
jaherbst

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Arkmage wrote:
the website says 20% gift certificates for future purchases... doesn't say anything about 20% off all purchases made in December. Me thinks someone made a mistake if they gave him a 20% discount on the seat.

Possible-????????? But then again good on him.

Jack
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:02 am

Sigh.... If i didn't just buy a new stereo for the xmas road trip in the van...
Back to top Go down
bracky72

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:19 am

I'm a big dummy for missing the sale but I just ordered a seat for my wrr. I love the sargent on my bmw so am really looking forward to it discount or no discount. :)
Back to top Go down
bmwrider1946

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:56 am

Discount or no discount it is the best mod I have done.
Back to top Go down
jaherbst

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:05 am

bracky72 wrote:
I'm a big dummy for missing the sale but I just ordered a seat for my wrr. I love the sargent on my bmw so am really looking forward to it discount or no discount. :)

Good for you. Life is short enjoy it while you can.

Jack bow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sargent seat for wrr/x   Sargent seat for wrr/x Empty

Back to top Go down

Sargent seat for wrr/x
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next