Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat

Go down 
+10
Sweetwater
greer
Arkmage
deerHater
PYG RYDR
SheWolf
GsVs
cryptomundo
asheville thumper
eakins
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eakins

If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat Empty
PostSubject: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 3:22 am

i contacted sargent about a seat. imo they are the best of the shelf seat mfg going. they are always slower about getting a seat out than corbin and always have a better seat for it. if you guys want another option email mary! can someone post this on the wr250x forums please. this was the reply:

Bill,

First I would like to thank you for contacting Sargent Cycle Products!

Unfortunately, we have not seen any inquires to indicate the demand for this machine to warrant perusing a line of seats for this model ...YET. You are my 1st. I personally collect the incoming inquires and suggestions for all models as they come in. Once we start seeing a strong interest in any one machine we start looking into what kind of product would be practical for the amount of demand we see. We just have not seen the demand for this machine as of yet but we will continue to monitor incoming inquires.

We do however, have another option for our clients/potential clients seating for whom we do not currently carry a World Sport product for. Please take a moment to look at this link to our Custom Seat Services department; http://www.sargentcycle.com/custserv.htm. There you will find all we have to offer you and your machine to attain a Sargent quality seat custom made to your specifications on your seat pan. Should you choose to use our Custom Seat Services, you may call us and speak to one of our highly qualified Custom Seat Services Representatives at 1-800-749-7328 and they can assist you with any further questions you may have to achieve the right comfort and style for you and your machine.

I hope this information was of assistance and we would like you to feel free to contact us anytime you have questions or comments and as always....Ride Safe!

Mary Pestalitz

mary@sargentcycle.com

Research and Development

Sargent Cycle Products

Jacksonville, Florida

WWW.SargentCycle.com__________________
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Sargent makes great seats. I had them build me a custom seat for my V-Strom and have been very happy with it. It actually cost about $200 less than their "off the shelf" world sport series of seats. I would suggest anybody wanting a seat to let them modify your seat and build a custom one. It will cost far less and you will get exactly what you ask for. Bill in the custom seat department is very knowledgeable and thorough when it comes to making sure you get what you are looking for. I would think a WR custom seat would run around $200 considering the price of the V-strom was about $230 and it's probably 3 times the size and a much more complicated pan to work with. I had my WR seat rebuilt by the guys out in California that are very popular with the enduro riders (you know who I'm talking about). While it's a great seat and i have no complaints, I have no doubt that it could have been done for much much cheaper with the identical results.
Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 pm

and i agreed with your thoughts. on the flip side i've found most people are happy buying a rebuilt seat (if it's done right) so they have no down time and can sell it seperately if they sell the bike. corbin always gets seats out first yet they often don't get the design done right & alot of people do not like their hard foam. sargent, on the other hand, takes their time and does it right, plus they make a lighter weight seat & their foam is a nicer, imo.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:32 pm

just curious if anyone has a custom seat for WR from Sargent? I am thinking about having them build a custom seat for me.
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: soon ...   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:53 pm

ChadX .... over on ADVrider has just had one done .... and he should have it anyday ...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13387946&postcount=15579 ...

I'm sure he will report back on that thread ...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Chad's on here too. If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat 61865

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:26 am

thanks for the info .. I will be looking out for Chad's review

by the way, here is the article where I first heard about Sargent

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/howto/doing_time/122_1004_2008_yamaha_wr250x/index.html
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:30 am

eakins wrote:
i contacted sargent about a seat. imo they are the best of the shelf seat mfg going. they are always slower about getting a seat out than corbin and always have a better seat for it. if you guys want another option email mary! can someone post this on the wr250x forums please. this was the reply:

Bill,

Unfortunately, we have not seen any inquires to indicate the demand for this machine to warrant perusing a line of seats for this model ...YET. You are my 1st. I personally collect the incoming inquires and suggestions for all models as they come in. Once we start seeing a strong interest in any one machine we start looking into what kind of product would be practical for the amount of demand we see. We just have not seen the demand for this machine as of yet but we will continue to monitor incoming inquires.

We do however, have another option for our clients/potential clients seating for whom we do not currently carry a World Sport product for. Please take a moment to look at this link to our Custom Seat Services department; http://www.sargentcycle.com/custserv.htm. There you will find all we have to offer you and your machine to attain a Sargent quality seat custom made to your specifications on your seat pan. Should you choose to use our Custom Seat Services, you may call us and speak to one of our highly qualified Custom Seat Services Representatives at 1-800-749-7328 and they can assist you with any further questions you may have to achieve the right comfort and style for you and your machine.

I hope this information was of assistance and we would like you to feel free to contact us anytime you have questions or comments and as always....Ride Safe!

Mary Pestalitz

mary@sargentcycle.com

Research and Development

Sargent Cycle Products

Jacksonville, Florida

[url=http://www.SargentCycle.com__________________
WWW.SargentCycle.com__________________[/quote[/url]]

I love my 2 Sargent seats (SV650/VFR800) and will buy a Sargent if they will make one.

How about we poll our Forum members for Sargent seat interest and check back with Mary about a group buy?

gediehl4=1
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:56 am

I like the idea ..
Back to top Go down
PYG RYDR

PYG RYDR

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:36 pm

I contacted Mary and received similar message regarding very little interest so far from WR owners.

And since this thread has failed in getting any interest, I will not pursue a group buy any further.

Therefore, if you want a Sargent Seat it appears the custom option is your only choice.

Galen

See Mary's response:

Galen,

Unfortunately, we have not seen many inquires to indicate the demand for this machine to warrant perusing a line of seats for this model ...YET. You are my 3rd. I personally collect the incoming inquires and suggestions for all models as they come in. Once we start seeing a strong interest in any one machine we start looking into what kind of product would be practical for the amount of demand we see. We just have not seen the demand for this machine as of yet but we will continue to monitor incoming inquires.

We do however, have another option for our clients/potential clients seating for whom we do not currently carry a World Sport product for. Please take a moment to look at this link to our Custom Seat Services department; http://www.sargentcycle.com/custserv.htm. There you will find all we have to offer you and your machine to attain a Sargent quality seat custom made to your specifications on your seat pan. Should you choose to use our Custom Seat Services, you may call us and speak to one of our highly qualified Custom Seat Services Representatives at 1-800-749-7328 and they can assist you with any further questions you may have to achieve the right comfort and style for you and your machine. Pricing for Custom Seat Services can vary substantially depending on the options you may choose. Estimated turnaround time is 2 weeks right now as we have many other client seats in house at this time.

DELETED Custom seat details.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:37 pm

I sent my stock seat to Sargent for a custom job (took advantage of the holiday savings). I do not have much riding time on it yet, but so far I am very happy with it. I'll take some pics soon and post'm up.

So, I called them up today and turns out they just anounced (today) a new seat in the works for dual sport bikes. THe WRR/X is on the list. Apparently they have designed a new pan and everything. Im not sure when they will actually be selling them but it looks like great news. I told'm to sign up on this forum and post something in the vendor deals. Here is a link to the news on their website with more info;

http://www.sargentcycle.com/XTSEAT.html

Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:02 am

cryptomundo wrote:
I sent my stock seat to Sargent for a custom job (took advantage of the holiday savings). I do not have much riding time on it yet, but so far I am very happy with it. I'll take some pics soon and post'm up.

So, I called them up today and turns out they just anounced (today) a new seat in the works for dual sport bikes. THe WRR/X is on the list. Apparently they have designed a new pan and everything. Im not sure when they will actually be selling them but it looks like great news. I told'm to sign up on this forum and post something in the vendor deals. Here is a link to the news on their website with more info;

I've been 'pre-registered' for the WR250 Sargent seat since Oct 07 2010.

I pre-registered for the Sargent Triumph 675 Street Triple seat, and got a $50 discount when they released the new seat.

They make very good seats, but are not innexpensive. Well, maybe a bit cheaper than Corbin.
Corbin almost makes good seats (although some have fitment issues), but they are VERY heavy because their base is HEAVY.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Sargent seat now available!!   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:08 am

The new seat was released on July 12:

Not cheap: $350. I was pre-registered, so I got a $50 discount ($300.)
The shape looks a bit unusual, we'll see how well it works.

I hope it arrives (I'm in Canada) within 4 weeks in time for the Magical Mystery Tour (MMT.)
On last year's MMT 'weekend' (5 days) I did 1,800 kms on the stock seat. OUCH!

The XT seat model is also made for Kwak KLX250 and Suzy DR-Z400, but Sargent chose a WR250 to show off the new seat at the above link. thumb
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:53 am

I love the design and the fact they kept the stock seat height. That was one of the reasons I dismissed the corbin quickly.

I'm just waiting to see some more pictures from other angles. It looks like a shape that I could live with for the increased range and comfort, just not 100% sold yet on the fit with the bike.

I think the price is very fair with a custom molded seat pan, that adds a lot to the cost on their end.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 6:01 am

That's a good looking seat. I loved the Sargent I had on a BMW.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sweetwater

PostSubject: My new Sargent ROCKS!   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Got my new Sargent last week for '08 WR250X. Had one on my Beemer and loved it, so it was a no-brainer for me. My opinion follows:

Looks great, firmer, wider, better breathability (CarbonFX top), excellent fitment, good value, and outstanding customer service from Dane, Troy, and the rest of the Sargent crew. You can't go wrong trying one as they accept returns 30 days from purchase, but I can promise you mine won't be going anywhere without my bum attached to it.

FYIY, I'd buy this seat again and would recommend Sargent seats for any motoproject.
Back to top Go down
GsVs

PostSubject: pics ?   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:32 pm

Hey ....

It would be great to see some pictures of the Sargent on your WR250X !!

Thanks ...

Sweetwater wrote:
Got my new Sargent last week for '08 WR250X. Had one on my Beemer and loved it, so it was a no-brainer for me. My opinion follows:

Looks great, firmer, wider, better breathability (CarbonFX top), excellent fitment, good value, and outstanding customer service from Dane, Troy, and the rest of the Sargent crew. You can't go wrong trying one as they accept returns 30 days from purchase, but I can promise you mine won't be going anywhere without my bum attached to it.

FYIY, I'd buy this seat again and would recommend Sargent seats for any motoproject.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:01 am

Sweetwater wrote:

Mine arrived yesterday, a pleasant surprise that it only took 1 week (I live in Canada.)

I agree with all the above, although so far I've only tested it on my 10 km commute to work.
This Saturday I'll do a proper test: 7+ hours of wandering aimlessly over 450 kms on the Ottawa Magical Mystery Tour.

No 'installed'pics yet: I'm currently camera challenged.
Back to top Go down
crash a-ron

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:53 am

Well crap! I ordered one of the new Sargent seats for my bike, got all excited when I got home from work and saw the box on the porch...

And they sent me a seat for the Kawi 250 instead! baldy Drat! Nice looking seat , but no way its gonna fit the WR. Oh well, I'll give them a call Monday and get the correct seat on the way. I did get a free new ballcap though! I'll post a picture when I finally get mine installed.

Cheers-
Aaron
Back to top Go down
willcp00

willcp00

PostSubject: Corbin or Sargent?   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:44 pm

Any ride reports with this new seat? I bought the Corbin a while back, and it's still a bit stiff for my bum... I'd really like to hear from anyone that could compare Corbin vs. Sargent on the WR
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:38 pm

willcp00 wrote:
Any ride reports with this new seat? I bought the Corbin a while back, and it's still a bit stiff for my bum... I'd really like to hear from anyone that could compare Corbin vs. Sargent on the WR
I've not tried a Corbin on a WR, but I did try a Corbin on my KLR. I hated it, but that's likely because I had the severely stepped seat for shorter folk like myself (5' 7", 30" inseam.) I hated it because I was stuck in the lowered divot. I would need a BIG ape factor (much longer arms) to use any other part of the seat. Maybe the other Corbin seats for the KLR (3 types in all) were better...

I did 8 hours of riding (and getting lost - was riding on a Magical Mystery Tour) last Saturday. The shape of the new Sargent is great. I could get my toes down just like the stock seat, but had much more butt support when I slid back 1 or 2 inches. Butt the Sargent is an extremely firm seat - I had some discomfort because the shorts I wore under my mesh overpants (it was a HOT day) had seams in the wrong places. For my next all-day ride I'll wear bicycling shorts.

I'll post another Sargent report in a couple of weeks, after a 1,800 km trip.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: faulty seat report   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:37 am

I took my new Sargent seat off so I could install my IMS 3.1 gas tank.
The seat fits quite well with the IMS tank, just need to be careful that the top of the 2 side panels are inside/under the seat edge.

However, re-installing the 2 seat bolts I had a huge problem. The stock Yamaha bolts seemed more difficult to go in and remove to the new Sargent seat. When reinstalling the left bolt started spinning the metal fitting within the Sargent seat. Thankfully the bolt was only half way in so I was able to cut it with a Dremel tool and take the seat off.

I called Sargent, they are sending me a new seat and I'll ship the defective one back. When the new seat arrives I'm going to take the seat to my local (very local, 1/4 mile away) excellent fastener store to make sure I have perfectly matching-to-the-seat bolts:
http://www.ottawafastenersupply.com/
I suppose I should have recognized right away the bolts were a bit tight going into the Sargent seat pan. GAHHHH

I hope the replacement seat arrives here as quickly as the original, 8 days to my post office in Canada, because my 1,800 km trip is only 9.5 days away. Suspect

Update: They sent the new seat with bolts included, and will pay my return shipping from Canada.
Sargent is a good company, they stand behind their products! thumb

Last edited by deerHater on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
twday

twday

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:29 pm

I'm sorry I didn't figure out the pre-registering thing. I have a Sargent on my V-Strom and love it. The foam took a while to break in, but I slapped the seat on the V-Strom and took off for a 30 day trip to Alaska and thereabouts. After a week, we were adapted to each other. Now, it's more comfortable than any chair in my home.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:37 pm

deerHater wrote:
I took my new Sargent seat off so I could install my IMS 3.1 gas tank.
The seat fits quite well with the IMS tank, just need to be careful that the top of the 2 side panels are inside/under the seat edge.

However, re-installing the 2 seat bolts I had a huge problem. The stock Yamaha bolts seemed more difficult to go in and remove to the new Sargent seat. When reinstalling the left bolt started spinning the metal fitting within the Sargent seat. Thankfully the bolt was only half way in so I was able to cut it with a Dremel tool and take the seat off.

I called Sargent, they are sending me a new seat and I'll ship the defective one back. When the new seat arrives I'm going to take the seat to my local (very local, 1/4 mile away) excellent fastener store to make sure I have perfectly matching-to-the-seat bolts:
http://www.ottawafastenersupply.com/
I suppose I should have recognized right away the bolts were a bit tight going into the Sargent seat pan. GAHHHH

I hope the replacement seat arrives here as quickly as the original, 8 days to my post office in Canada, because my 1,800 km trip is only 9.5 days away. Suspect

Update: They sent the new seat with bolts included, and will pay my return shipping from Canada.
Sargent is a good company, they stand behind their products! thumb

Replacement seat arrived yesterday, it also fits very nicely to the 3.1 IMS gas tank.
They shipped with the seat allen head bolts & washers, which fit very well.

I'm happy, Sargent has very good customer support! thumb
Back to top Go down
Sweetwater

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:21 pm

It has been a long time since I visited this thread, but my Sargent is still performing very, very well on my '08 X. Ride report is easy: on stock seat, ride ends after one tank; on Sargent, the ride goes on and on and on...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat   If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat Empty

Back to top Go down

If you guys want Sargent to also make a seat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next