Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

PCV / Autotune / Graves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
expatbrit

PCV / Autotune / Graves Empty
PostSubject: PCV / Autotune / Graves   PCV / Autotune / Graves EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:41 pm

Second post! And lets get into asking dumb questions, since a quick search didn't show up what I was looking for.

My new (to me) WR250X came with a full Graves exhaust, a PCV and an (uninstalled) auto-tune unit. I'm not sure of airbox mods (yet), but my guess is they're done; I'll know once I get the tank off to install the Ecliptech Shift-I I have lying around from a previous bike that was more trouble that it was worth (*cough* KTM *COUGH*).

What's the collective wisdom of the inmates on the auto-tune. It looks like it can be set up either once, and download the map (I'll have to see if the PO dleivered the s/w or not) or connected to the map port and left to 'continuously' tune the bike. The last is appealing, especially given the altitude changes I tend to see in riding.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: PCV / Autotune / Graves   PCV / Autotune / Graves EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:28 am

The Autotune module does not make real-time adjustments to fueling. It creates a log file while you're riding that you can use to adjust fueling the next time you connect your laptop to it.
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: PCV / Autotune / Graves   PCV / Autotune / Graves EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:08 am

Quote :
The Autotune module does not make real-time adjustments to fueling.
It creates a log file while you're riding that you can use to adjust
fueling the next time you connect your laptop to it.
You are mistaken. Check it out:
WR250R Tuning <-- linky
The AT calculates and uses the adjustments in real-time, but to make them permanent, you have to accept the trims and then they will be applied to the PCV maps. If you don't accept the trims, the AT continues to calculate new values (and applies them in real-time) each time you ride.

Last edited by ramz on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
expatbrit

PostSubject: Re: PCV / Autotune / Graves   PCV / Autotune / Graves EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:14 am

Interesting. I thought it ran at all times, mainly from the following quote from the Dynojet WWW site:

Quote :

The Auto Tune kit can be configured to run and correct at all times or by using the "map switch port" on the PCV. You can set it up so that you can switch back and forth between the tuning modes and the base map settings. You can also configure the Auto Tune kit to wait until the bike is at a certain operating temperature before beginning to make adjustments.

I thought it could run in two modes. First, 'store and forward', I guess, where it calculates the trims and you accept them and second as a real time programmer.
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: PCV / Autotune / Graves   PCV / Autotune / Graves EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 am

ramz wrote:
Quote :
WR250R Tuning

The AT calculates and uses the adjustments in real-time, but to make them permanent, you have to accept the trims and then they will be applied to the PCV maps. If you don't accept the trims, the AT continues to calculate new values (and applies them in real-time) each time you ride.

I should have said that the AT doesn't change the map until you accept the trims. The AT module is always gathering data, it just doesn't change the current map. You have to manually accept trims before they will take effect.

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with a Dynojet rep to confirm this.
Back to top Go down
expatbrit

PostSubject: Re: PCV / Autotune / Graves   PCV / Autotune / Graves EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:44 pm

BuilderBob wrote:
ramz wrote:
Quote :
WR250R Tuning

I should have said that the AT doesn't change the map until you accept the trims. The AT module is always gathering data, it just doesn't change the current map. You have to manually accept trims before they will take effect.

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with a Dynojet rep to confirm this.

Right! Info taken in; thanks for sharing. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCV / Autotune / Graves   PCV / Autotune / Graves Empty

Back to top Go down

PCV / Autotune / Graves
Page 1 of 1