Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Autotune worth it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CC_Rider

Autotune worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Autotune worth it?   Autotune worth it? EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 4:11 am

Hey there, I just recently picked up a wr250r that came with a PCV programmer.  The P.O had it set to the "baseline setting".. whatever that is..

I've tried a few different maps but can't quite find the one that makes me happy...  And now I've discovered the accel pump... (how does it even work :/ )

Just curious, is there a reliable (doesn't have to be race worthy, just enjoyable) map for a GYTR muffler, stock air filter and airbox mod?  It seems to do best with Rowdy's map...

Will I see much improvement after spending 360 canadian dollars?  I'm not looking for perfection..

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Ziabeam

Ziabeam

Autotune worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Autotune worth it?   Autotune worth it? EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:45 am

Part of why I left mine stock, is not wanting my head to explode. You have asked questions that require the participation of Einstein, with a lot of free time, and a measure of psychic abilities. Your questions are good ones.

Best bet... Skip the internet on this one, and ask someone at GYTR, or PC-V shop, where to begin. Figure out what you have, what you want to do with the bike, and make dang sure whom-ever you talk to understands his job (ask for Yoda or the shop Geek) and have him talk slow, while you take notes. Use a mechanical pencil since ball point pens frequently FAIL at times like that. Lots of rabbit holes and squandered $$ abound where you're headed.

Let us know what you find out, and how it pans out thumb
Back to top Go down

Autotune worth it?
Page 1 of 1