Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Any benefits to adding an O2 sensor???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

Any benefits to adding an O2 sensor??? Empty
PostSubject: Any benefits to adding an O2 sensor???   Any benefits to adding an O2 sensor??? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 10:45 am

Hi all,

I've got a full Graves exhaust (with the O2 bung of course), FMF programmer and the usual round of air box mods. I ride in a mix of elevations everyday (from 8500 to 6500 ft everytime I ride and +/- 3K ft on the trails around here)

I've searched here and Adv Rider, but can't find conclusive info as to whether there were any benefits to adding an O2 sensor with the above mods. I understand the stock ECU is pretty crude so eventually I hope to add the PCV and Autotune, but it's just not in my budget right now. If there were slight gains to be made to by adding an O2 sensor for $40, I might be interested in trying it, especially with the mix of elevations I encounter.

Thanks in advance,
Nic
Back to top Go down
28marcb

Any benefits to adding an O2 sensor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any benefits to adding an O2 sensor???   Any benefits to adding an O2 sensor??? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:43 am

DesertRatliff wrote:
Hi all,

I've got a full Graves exhaust (with the O2 bung of course), FMF programmer and the usual round of air box mods. I ride in a mix of elevations everyday (from 8500 to 6500 ft everytime I ride and +/- 3K ft on the trails around here)

I've searched here and Adv Rider, but can't find conclusive info as to whether there were any benefits to adding an O2 sensor with the above mods. I understand the stock ECU is pretty crude so eventually I hope to add the PCV and Autotune, but it's just not in my budget right now. If there were slight gains to be made to by adding an O2 sensor for $40, I might be interested in trying it, especially with the mix of elevations I encounter.

Thanks in advance,
Nic
I'm not sure if the stock ecu is designed to receive information from an o2 sensor. There would need to be a plug in for the o2 sensor in the stock harness, and then that plug in would have to match the plug in from the sensor. Truthfully, there would be little benefit from a narrow band o2 sensor and you would want to be able to use a wide band sensor. This would allow you to alter your bike via pipe changes, airbox mods and cam changes; and the bike would automatically adjust its a/f to whatever you preset your settings to. Right now the wr uses its manifold pressure sensor to compensate for altitude and you don't really need to worry about that aspect too much.
Back to top Go down

Any benefits to adding an O2 sensor???
Page 1 of 1