Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tjohnson

Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer Empty
PostSubject: Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer   Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 10:46 am

Has anyone installed one of these on their bikes yet?

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=408291&store=null&catId=&productId=p408293&leafCatId=&mmyId=

Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer 22120210
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer   Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 3:28 pm

I haven't seen anyone with one installed yet; however, it will be interesting to see if someone does who can make it work. Apparently it has been tried before to install an aftermarket gauge cluster on this bike, and it wouldn't start after installation. I'm still waiting to hear more about this, as it would be nice to be able to see numbers on everything.

PostSubject: trail tech vector (similar)   Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:19 pm

I installed the VECTOR from trail tech with much success. This weekend I rode with a group from MVTR (in NH) that were setting up an enduro course, and the vector was tracking with everyone else's mileage. I got the handlebar switch for an extra 18 bucks that lets you reset the trip odo to a specific mileage, so you can follow roll charts for an enduro/turkey run type event. BTW, it rained on us for 6 hours so I can attest that the vector can take quite a beating.

Of note: I did not install any of the "fancier" features of the vector, like coolant temp, tachometer, etc. I merely wanted a correct tripmeter, odometer, and speedometer from changing the gearing and tires.

Installation was easy; one of the two magnet-topped rotor bolts that comes with the kit fits our bike perfectly... I used blue threadlocker just to be safe. The pickup mounts to the caliper, on the outside of the caliper but still inside of the caliper mounting bracket attached to the fork, so it's real cozy and safe in there. I made an aluminum bracket that bolts to the handlebar risers (using the template that comes with the kit) in about 30min... more robust than the stock plastic handlebar mount, which IMO is the only thing this kit falls short on.

Pictures to follow once I get some and figure out how to post them.

Ride safe,

Shawn
Back to top Go down
KC0514

KC0514

PostSubject: Re: Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer   Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:41 pm

So, did you remove the stock cluster completely, or just mount the Vector on top of the stock cluster?

Mark
Back to top Go down
Just shawn

PostSubject: Re: Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer   Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:13 pm

KC0514 wrote:

So, did you remove the stock cluster completely, or just mount the Vector on top of the stock cluster?

Mark

I have not removed the stock cluster.. I didn't want to give up the neutral light, an oem odometer (for legal reasons), and use of the low gas light. Pics will be up this weekend.

Besides, some on this forum say removing the stock cluster doesn't let you start the bike... I don't know if that's true, but the weight savings can't be enough to tempt that.

Shawn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer   Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer Empty

Back to top Go down

Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer / Tachometer
Page 1 of 1