Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SKF Fork Seals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr, Go Race

Mr, Go Race

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:48 pm

They are for real!
When Testing these seals with a few different test, I have concluded a substantial improvement with reducing friction.
I have tried a lot of different seals from Aftermarket to generations of OEM fork seals.
Having worked on countless forks through out the years, Seal Drag/Friction has always been a issue.
When installing new seals, I lubricate the seals with a synthetic grease and a splash of fork oil. I call it the ( seal Cocktail.) This lubrication helps with friction for a short period of time and eventually the lube at the seal lip is worn off leaving a rubber lip in contact with a metal fork tube. The industry has tried to combat the seal drag issue over the years with coatings to the fork tube and different seal materials. This has helped, but there has always been friction..
"(Friction Bad!)" A Quote from Paul Thede Race Tech.

The SKF seal reduces friction. The seal its self is a direct copy of a KYB OEM Seal (IMO), but the difference is the material used. Its a self lubricating material that reduces stick-slip and improving performance by reducing friction.

I have this simple test I have done. Rebuild one for with a KYB OEM latest generation seal in one fork, A SKF seal in the other. Before installing the cartridge or the spring, I set the fork upright on the ground and try to pick up the fork from the slider. The OEM fork will lift off the ground without extending under its own weight. The SKF will fully extend under its own weight.
Another test i have done. The bike assembled ready to ride, you can by just pushing on the skf bike feel the smoothness from one to the other. Riding the bike down the road hitting small chatter bumps, you feel the improvement!

We offer this seal for the Yamaha WR 250 R 46mm fork and all other big bike forks..47mm 48mm 45mm...
SKF In Stock and ready for you $65.00 a pair
The OEM seals are $39.00 a pair..
Your choice..

Also for the guys and gals out there with Go Race Suspension, we offer a discounts on Fork and Shock services for you..
Suspension on this bike should be serviced every 50 to 75 hrs of off road riding, and that's being optimistic.. Race bikes are every 30 hrs.
Note:I also will update your specs on the suspension that have evolved with time..

Thanks for the opportunity to earn your business!
Peace YAM

Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:48 pm

SKF is a very large and reputable company from Sweden that's been around for along time. If they are claiming a better fork seal, I'm inclined to believe it.

Last edited by Chrispy1200 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joenuclear

joenuclear

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Just like the man said, Slicker.

Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:50 pm

I noticed from the SKF brochure that they recommend that both wiper and oil seal be replaced as a set. Does the $65.00 price include both ?
Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

Mr, Go Race

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Chrispy1200 wrote:
I noticed from the SKF brochure that they recommend that both wiper and oil seal be replaced as a set. Does the $65.00 price include both ?

Yes both oil and dust seals both forks$65.00 thumb
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:55 am

You specified these will work on the R model. Is there anything that precludes them from being installed in the X model?
I may have to consider some fork work when the temps drop enough to justify parking the bike, and these sound like an excellent addition.
Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

Mr, Go Race

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:47 pm

pbnut wrote:
You specified these will work on the R model. Is there anything that precludes them from being installed in the X model?
I may have to consider some fork work when the temps drop enough to justify parking the bike, and these sound like an excellent addition.

The X and R are the same fork..
46 mm KYB
We can work your fork and shock with a 2 day turn around so you can enjoy the fall riding season cheers
FYI... Go Race / I ,would love to earn your business!
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:52 pm

Just curious now, as my shock has already been reworked by Fast Bikes, but does your shock work offer anything over theirs?
My forks are still stock, but they;ll be coming your way one day.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:23 pm

I am probably going to get front and rear suspension 'makeovers' by Go Race early next year (PM sent.) With a little under 6K miles on my X, 95% street, would it be worthwhile to go ahead with SKF fork seals then, or is that way too early. Maybe I'll just buy the parts....
Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

Mr, Go Race

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:58 pm

pbnut wrote:
Just curious now, as my shock has already been reworked by Fast Bikes, but does your shock work offer anything over theirs?
My forks are still stock, but they;ll be coming your way one day.

Well i for one can not say what Fast Bike does inside as i have never had the opportunity
To look , or more importantly ride his stuff. Ive heard good things about both.. wink

Thats for you guys to decide. lurk
Back to top Go down
Mr, Go Race

Mr, Go Race

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:07 am

deerHater wrote:
I am probably going to get front and rear suspension 'makeovers' by Go Race early next year (PM sent.) With a little under 6K miles on my X, 95% street, would it be worthwhile to go ahead with SKF fork seals then, or is that way too early. Maybe I'll just buy the parts....

With the sticktion problems ive ran into with some WR customers running the stock seal, i would highly recommend the SKF at the time of the service..
I stock both seals. Your choice Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SKF Fork Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: SKF Fork Seals   SKF Fork Seals Empty

Back to top Go down

SKF Fork Seals
Page 1 of 1