Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Big-t

Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider Empty
PostSubject: Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider   Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Yes,there is hope for us "heavier guys.. cheers

I had doubts when I purchased the WR,mainly about the little bike handling my weight.It turned into a very real concern the first time I rode it up Bald Mtn fire road.I really wanted to see how it would handle on the rough sections .Moving right along I let it drop into a washout ditch coming down the road and was rewarded by almost being pitched off.One of the other tests was a corner with little ledges all the way around the corner.scared the crap out of me as I had to let off the gas and ran wide almost going off the edge.Worst fears confirmed I knew it was either fix the suspension or get rid of it.

My first farkle would be the suspension and since I only live 25 miles from Go Race that would be the most logical choice.Travis talked to me about how and where I rode and formulated a plan.I have had several tall bikes and regularly fell off them when I couldn't dab in a bad spot (30 in inseam)so I had him lower it an inch,which worried me about bottoming the suspension out since there is not a lot to work with.

My fears were unfounded after taking it for the first ride.Back up the same road,dropping into the same washout proved to be easy and what really impressed me was that I could stay on the throttle and it tracked around the rock ledges with no problem.... thumb

Since then I have finished the last 2k of the TAT thru Utah,Nevada and Oregon giving it a good workout and the suspension handled it all with ease

Here are a couple pics

Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider 1006454150_TqTTv-XL
Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider 1006384188_3TgUp-XL
Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider 1006435792_7Aqtu-XL

This year a weeks worth of Colorado

Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider Sunday-035-XL
Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider IMG0215-XL
Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider IMG0403-XL

In the meantime Travis has been constantly upgrading the system and I just had him upgrade the WR to his "magic carpet ride" with the new pistons and low friction seals and can't wait to get west again to stretch its legs.. droooool

Thought you might like this pic.I was at a local Hare Scrambles race and snapped it.Its probably the reason Travis's suspension works so well.He not only builds but rides,quite well and is able to transform his experience into your suspension.

Travis Jones ,Winner of the 30+ A rider class in the 2011 Virginia Championship Hare scrambles series showing how its done on a special HS trial section.

Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider IMG0080-XL

Suspension is the best farkle you can buy..
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider   Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Big-t wrote:
Suspension is the best farkle you can buy..
Agreed. I really want to get my forks reworked, but I'm still awaiting the arrival of a good chunk of change that I'm due.
Back to top Go down
john westcott

john westcott

PostSubject: Re: Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider   Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:07 pm

I bought mine with the "Go" set up on it. Just needed to soften it up for my weight.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Go-Race   Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:10 pm

This is encouraging since my boingers are in Travis's barn as of today. cheers
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider   Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 am

Big-t wrote:
... and since I only live 25 miles from Go Race ...
I'm about 750 miles away and in a different country!
But Christiansburg is half way along my yearly 2-day route to my sister's house in Florida (2 weeks of Winter warmth, and some mid-PMS riding!)
This year end-of-January it'll take 3 days as Travis will do his bow magic in, hopefully, 1 day! wings

I have an X. I'm not light weight, and I regularly ride with luggage including camping gear on very rough roads.
And this Spring my WR250 will become an X/R with a set of Wheeling dirt R-for-X wheels.

Very much looking forward to a well sorted suspension!! thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider   Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider Empty

Back to top Go down

Go-Race suspension for a 235lb rider
Page 1 of 1