Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fox Boots? Anybody?

Go down 
+6
asheville thumper
denniswrr
X-RoadRider
inspector
SheWolf
motokid
10 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Fox Boots? Anybody? Empty
PostSubject: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:14 pm

click here

Anybody know anything about these? Comfort? Build? Reliability? Fit?

Thanks in advance.

(why my link no workie....?)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:33 pm

Weird...I tried it myself and it's being stupid. dunno

inspector

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:54 pm

REALLY like that web site. Nice to be able to scroll around on the pic like that.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 5:51 am

click here <--- is the url code working yet?

Yay!!!! Linkie working now.

So, anybody have any experience with these? Or just Fox boots in general?

I'm really having trouble justifying $300+ boots. I have kids that desire to eat and stuff. PLus a wife. 'nuff said right?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 9:33 am

Yeah, hear ya. Never had any exp with Fox boots, helmets are good. I've worn MSR's and Forma's.

X-RoadRider

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 12:43 pm

Those are nice lookin' boots -- SheWolf, any issues with the other boots you're using? Everyone over here is saying that Fox is the only way to go, bootwise.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 1:23 pm

My MSR's were great boots. The Forma's I have are a bit stiffer, but it's a bullet proof boot. I'll have to try thew Fox boots next time around.

denniswrr

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 6:49 pm

Fox Trackers about ten years ago, broke in quick and were comfortable. As far as getting my moneys worth, my brother-in-law is still wearing them today.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:58 am

I tried on the Comp 5's when I was looking at boots. I liked them much better than the Astar Tech 3's. They just fit my feet better and seemed easier to walk in...less plastic too. I ended up getting some Sidi Chargers because I liked the hinged heel and the lower profile toe box. The Sidi's seemed to be narrower and less bulky and having a size 14 foot, I need all the room I can get on the pegs. Great price on those Comp 5's. They have 2 different sole options too. Good boot, I don't think you can go wrong with them. thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:02 am

asheville thumper wrote:
I tried on the Comp 5's when I was looking at boots. I liked them much better than the Astar Tech 3's. They just fit my feet better and seemed easier to walk in...less plastic too. I ended up getting some Sidi Chargers because I liked the hinged heel and the lower profile toe box. The Sidi's seemed to be narrower and less bulky and having a size 14 foot, I need all the room I can get on the pegs. Great price on those Comp 5's. They have 2 different sole options too. Good boot, I don't think you can go wrong with them. thumb

Thanks. The boots might have to wait a while longer though.

The Attitude EFI programmer is gonna come first.
Back to top Go down
Longview

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Yikes!!! Definitely get boots over the fuel programmer! I noticed a very small difference with my PCIII with a stock bike anyway. It was definitely a nice-to-have, and a fairly small one at that. Good boots are an absolute must for serious off-road riding. Foot injuries are the most common injury you can do to yourself out there.

I have Fox F3s. The best compliment I can give is that I never think about them once their on - meaning they don't pinch, blister or hurt in any way. The buckles are all still there after a year of use, which is great. Not waterproof, but pretty water resistant.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:45 pm

I had a set of the Fox Comp 5's. They were a little big in the toe area on the top and sides. Not just the end. I had to move my shifter up a few notches to shift. I bought some Sidi Crossfire's $$$ but fit like a glove. Over all I think the Fox boots were well made.

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 12:33 am

I found nearly new A* Tech 6's on ebay for $60, price was right deal and they fit and so far protect great. I've had the pleasure of testing their crashability off road more times than I wish, no damage. I like them a lot. Fit SO much better after walking the bike through a creek with them on, now they feel molded to my foot and while squeaky are okay to walk in for shortish distances.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 2:08 pm

I tried on a pair of new Fox 5's today at Cycle Gear.

They felt great. Just need the cash. I'll be getting them soon.

I just wish they had half sizes. The size 9 was a bit tight. Size 10 felt loose and a bit too roomy.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Fox Boots? Anybody? DSCN0477

Fox Boots? Anybody? Dscn0478

Fox Boots? Anybody? DSCN0479

Guess what I got today?

Fox Boots? Anybody? 379944

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 9:55 pm

Fox Boots? Anybody? 61865
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:49 pm

I have had to start experimenting with shifter placement. Where it had been set by Yamaha was awkward with the Fox boot on.
So I moved it. I moved it to much. Fox Boots? Anybody? 9356

Now I've hopefully found a middle ground so that I can be comfortable with shifting while wearing an M/X boot or just a standard sneaker.

It really sucks hitting neutral instead of second because the shifter is not placed right.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:15 pm

I got some too!! Fox Boots? Anybody? 525406
Fox Boots? Anybody? IMG_1269

They are an incredible fitting boot. I can ride with them in comfort and shifting isn't a problem anymore. Fox Boots? Anybody? 61865

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:18 pm

i wear the comp5 shorty's they are really good and comfy boot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fox Boots? Anybody?   Fox Boots? Anybody? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fox Boots? Anybody?
Page 1 of 1