Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Aftermarket Gas Tanks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pkbinder

Aftermarket Gas Tanks Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket Gas Tanks   Aftermarket Gas Tanks EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Does anyone know why the Safari 3.7 gal tank is almost $200 more than the IMS 3 gal tank. Other than the .7 and that it is imported (I think) from down under that is. What I really want to know is if there a difference in quality. Paul
Back to top Go down
BBRadar

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Gas Tanks   Aftermarket Gas Tanks EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:30 pm

pkbinder wrote:
Does anyone know why the Safari 3.7 gal tank is almost $200 more than the IMS 3 gal tank. Other than the .7 and that it is imported (I think) from down under that is. What I really want to know is if there a difference in quality. Paul

Even though it's made here, it's cheaper for us Aussies to order and get it shipped from the US scratch GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Gas Tanks   Aftermarket Gas Tanks EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Most of Safari's products are priced higher like that. I can tell you that my regular riding buddy has one and it has taken some pretty good licks on the rocks and never leaked. I also like my IMS, but as many others have stated, the fitment of the seat and side panels is not great. Holds gas really well though.

Back to top Go down
Bikeman

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Gas Tanks   Aftermarket Gas Tanks EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:30 am

Think part of the cost is that the Safari has 2 vacuum pumps in the wings of tank to pull the gas that is lower than the pump to the fuel pump. Same reason the larger IMS is so much more than 3.1 gallon IMS.
IMS 3.1 doesn't need them since base of tank is not below fuel pump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket Gas Tanks   Aftermarket Gas Tanks Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket Gas Tanks
Page 1 of 1