Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

skid plates

Go down 
+4
jason meacham
DragonNester
gatorfan
jcasey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jcasey

jcasey

skid plates Empty
PostSubject: skid plates   skid plates EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:53 am

What are you useing and where did you get it and how much should I expect to pay? What are pros and cons?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

skid plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: skid plates   skid plates EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:58 am

Click 'Search'
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

skid plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: skid plates   skid plates EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 pm

I have a Zeta skid plate. I bought it online on ebay. The two main reasons I bought the Zeta are their site had a "how to install" video that made it really easy and it uses factory Threaded holes for mounting (no clamps). Plus, it was competitively priced.

Between the Zeta skid plate and the Tusk (D-Flex) hand-guards I just wish I was as well protected as my new bike. Very happy ....good stuff!
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

skid plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: skid plates   skid plates EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:44 pm

I have a Richochet that I bought online at Utah Cycles,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can't remember the price,,I think it was about $80.....it's easy to install and after 16,000 miles it has held up well....I like it.....................Jason usa
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

skid plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: skid plates   skid plates EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:13 pm

I wanted a ricochet...ordered one...waited forever...and ended up with a Zeta. Mostly because ricochet deals in the states...partly cause my dealer didnt realize/admit that.

Anywho the zeta is working/seems fine...once modified for sound. My ridin buddy got his ricochet, looks a bit nicer...but hasnt modified it well yet.(noone listens to me...heh)
Anywho, my modified zeta is better than his ricochet...but if he modifies it like mine, I would prefer his...for no other reason than, it looks slightly tougher. But seriously, its mostly looks.

In the end his looks tougher...but both are tough enough. It either works or it don't, no point in being fussy.
Back to top Go down
LukeDuke25

skid plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: skid plates   skid plates EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Flatland Racing just updated their WR250 Plate and extended the ears for protection. They are great plates. If you do a search on here you will see good things about them. Flatland Racing WR250 Skid Plate
Back to top Go down
jcasey

jcasey

skid plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: skid plates   skid plates EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:52 am

I recieved my Flatlands Racing plate today. Looks great and will work great. Thanks for all the replys!!
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

skid plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: skid plates   skid plates EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 11:12 pm

jcasey wrote:
I recieved my Flatlands Racing plate today. Looks great and will work great. Thanks for all the replys!!

Check the right rear mounting bolt. May have to cut it down a tad, mine looked like it touched the motor. eeek
Back to top Go down
marksg

marksg

skid plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: skid plates   skid plates EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:51 pm

My road / off road ratio is about 80/20 and I'm not a hard core dirt devil these days. Being in the UK I went with a UK supplier (evo-tech) who also make a really nice tail tidy. Both are super- light, nicely finished and not too expensive.
link to both is here: http://www.evotech-performance.com/motorbike/yamaha/wr250-r/2010?___SID=U

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

skid plates Empty
PostSubject: Re: skid plates   skid plates Empty

Back to top Go down

skid plates
Page 1 of 1